Lt. Commander
# 21
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
It was still all fluidic for me last week. http://www.youtube.com/PWIFoxy#p/a/u/2/YdJUu3Uo01Q
Yeah, but apparently the patch on Tribble (that will be hitting Holodeck in the future) has toned them down.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmattson View Post
Thanks for the info! I will look into this. We did reduce the refraction effect a little because it makes some people puke But the ship trails etc. should still be what they were on Tribble. I'll let you know when I figure out what's up.
thx for the reply,
but the puking minority is why we can't have nice things...

real 3D space flight... no go, makes people disoriented and lets them puke...
underwater effect... makes people puke

come on!
if i say ground combat + tab targeting makes me puke will we get that changed then?

seriously it looked perfect the first time on tribble, you nailed it, dont change that.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
the engines trails i think are still how they were on tribble but the ship no longer 'morphs' in space which i miss, it was a great effect.
there are some bubble you can go though and your ship appears to duplicate which is a cool effect

but i agree put it back the way it was. if some people dont like it all they have to do is scroll back so they dont get the full effect, but dont ruin it for the rest of us
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Please -- give us an option for the refraction then, if that's the difference! I too loved the look of Fluidic Space back in the Tribble testing, but it's just not there in these new shots. Even the video that CrimsonSpot posted did not seem to have the full effects that I saw on Tribble. Watch the ships. There's no 'deformation' of any of the ship silhouettes at all in that video, that I noticed. (I didn't watch all the way through, but took a good look.) The original look that I think worked so well had a flowing 'lensing' effect that would actually distort the view of your ship as varying currents passed between it and the camera. (Wish I had video of it now, but I've never gotten to learning how to do videos, as yet.)

I really, really hope to see this as an option so we could have the original (very cool, IMO) effects as they were if we like, and be able to tone them down or turn them off for those who dislike them or are adversely affected by them.

Edit: Here's a shot of my ship from testing on Tribble, with the original effects. It doesn't really do the effects justice like video would, but it does show the deformation effect I mentioned, when you look at the ship. (Saucer, in particular. It's a Discovery with an Intrepid saucer, for the baseline.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Add me as a +1 for the original version of the fluidic trails from Tribble to be added back in...
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Yeah, but apparently the patch on Tribble (that will be hitting Holodeck in the future) has toned them down.
Well then, Yes Cryptic, please give us an option in graphics settings to change it to our needs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Mmm...this might be a long shot, but did you activate the "underwater view" checkbox in the video options? I ran the mission a few days ago and it was all "watery-wobbly" look, up to the point that my laptop didn't like it too well and had to tune the graphics down a little bit.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I am in favor of having full puking effects on! Or at least an option so I can have the puking effects.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Speaking of Puking.... whatever happened to that "puking" effect when you got squeezed by the Gorn? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBW8PWFto4U
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Speaking of Puking.... whatever happened to that "puking" effect when you got squeezed by the Gorn? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBW8PWFto4U
It got taken out when someone pointed out it looked like they gave you a case of explosive diarrhea.