Lt. Commander
# 221
08-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I suspect it's possibly the "canon" part of the name - I'm not sure if Cryptic are allowed to call their game canon, so stickying a thread with that might be iffy? Anyway I've got it bookmarked, it's bloody handy!

Back on topic though, do you think you could help create a canon-ish feeling Veteran commbadge Bkackavaar? I need some help with it!
Lt. Commander
# 222
08-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Blackavatar, I'll echo the others here - fantastic job, my friend. Amazing resource.
Lt. Commander
# 223
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
I suspect it's possibly the "canon" part of the name - I'm not sure if Cryptic are allowed to call their game canon, so stickying a thread with that might be iffy? Anyway I've got it bookmarked, it's bloody handy!

Back on topic though, do you think you could help create a canon-ish feeling Veteran commbadge Bkackavaar? I need some help with it!
Canon-ish Veteran com badge? You mean for the Veteran uniform?

If so, since that is canon to the game and not the shows I used the 25th century default badges with the gold 2 coloring. It's the closest to matching the gold plated pieces of the Veteran jacket and it's commonly worn by NPCs in the game. Command for command, operations for operations and science for science. You can find images at the bottom of the 25th Century section.

If I am misunderstanding, please explain further and I will be glad to help.

Lt. Commander
# 224
08-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Canon-ish Veteran com badge? You mean for the Veteran uniform?

If so, since that is canon to the game and not the shows I used the 25th century default badges with the gold 2 coloring. It's the closest to matching the gold plated pieces of the Veteran jacket and it's commonly worn by NPCs in the game. Command for command, operations for operations and science for science. You can find images at the bottom of the 25th Century section.

If I am misunderstanding, please explain further and I will be glad to help.

I think he's talking about the All Good Things 100 day combadge.
Lt. Commander
# 225
08-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
I think he's talking about the All Good Things 100 day combadge.
Ah yes! In that case the backfield should be gold 2 and the delta should be silver 2.

I was hoping for the AGT uniform so I could add it to the guide. Perhaps I'll have to add it sans the uniform.

Lt. Commander
# 226
08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Oh and we have suggested a mod change the title of the thread, if the word "canon" is really the problem.

I would be fine with changing it to something like,

"Blackavaar's Guide to Canonesque Colors"

or simply

"Blackavaar's Color Guide"

I'd change it myself if I could.

Lt. Commander
# 227
08-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Oh and we have suggested a mod change the title of the thread, if the word "canon" is really the problem.

I would be fine with changing it to something like,

"Blackavaar's Guide to Canonesque Colors"

or simply

"Blackavaar's Color Guide"

I'd change it myself if I could.

"Blackaavar's Guide to Uniform Colors", to be more descriptive for the new folks.
Lt. Commander
# 228
08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
"Blackaavar's Guide to Uniform Colors", to be more descriptive for the new folks.
That would be acceptable as well.

Lt. Commander
# 229
08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Okay, the DS9 Female variants have been added to the Klingon section. These are both based on the same costume, but as the armored version doesn't have the cleavage cutout that it should, I made a second version with skin.

I just found another variant also worn by Lursa and B'Etor. I will be adding that as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 230
08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, changing the title might help. I have ofthen thought putting "Uniform" in the title to be important. B's G to Canonesque Uniform Colors would be great!

It's funny, earlier today, before I knew you were petitioning for a change, I independently e-mailed StormShade asking for a sticky on this thread. I pointed out to him (her?), thruthfully, that knowing the "conon colors" was one of the things that prompted me to purchase extra costume slots from the C-Store. And having this great thread Stickied might do the same for others. Like it or not Blacky 'ol Buddy, but you have (in my case at least), helped Cryptic make money. Heh.