Lt. Commander
# 71
08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I was kind of disappointed with the clothing. I would of preferred the Naval Uniforms instead. If you guys really want to create classic clothing. Why not give up the Sherlock Holmes outfits from the Next Generation?
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Really we gotta pay for it? there should be atleast free stuff! one the reasonsw u make sto a money grabbing loss! wanna lose members well ur on thin ice with me! my plan was the new star trek game out i'd play both but with this non stop money grabbing think i'd stick what is free

Oh theres me talking about us monthly members but lifetime u guys if not nus all should atleast have this batch free for first time cryptic again? such a let down
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-13-2010, 01:25 AM
The human being: Complaining all the time about everything, never can simply enjoy things.

1st:
If you don't like the new set of clothing, don't buy it. It's simple as that. There is no need to buy this formal wear. And if you do not buy it, you won't have any disadvantages to other players who do.

2nd:
Yes, the formal wear does cost some cryptic points. Well... you might complain about money grabbing. Alright, I cannot deny the thought of it. I would have suggested a lower price indeed (around 100-180 CP, not 280 CP).
But really, you complain about 3,50 USD? I don't know about you... but every day i spend at least 5 EUR for cigarettes and about 5 EUR at work for breakfast and lunch (because I am too lazy to prepare breakfast at home in the morning). So 3,50 USD for a one time thing is nothing in comparison.

3rd:
I kinda like the new outfits. Well... I'm kind of part roleplayer myself. Part roleplayer i'd say, because I do not really roleplay, but sticking to "Trek-Code" as much as possible. For example, my duty-uniform is the DS9 one (like that the most) without funky colors. It's like it is in the early time of the series: red, blue or yellow in the shoulder-part, black otherwise.
Most of the time I am playing the game, I am "on duty". On the few occasions, I am considering myself "off duty", hanging aorund with friends at space station or, nowadays, in the messhall or quarters of their ships, I occasionally wear the off duty uniform. However, most of the time I am still in my starfleet uniform too.

Nevertheless, I don't have anything against the new set of off-duty uniforms. As stated before, I kinda like it. Let's see, on what occasion I will wear it the next time.
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWNapalm View Post
1st:
If you don't like the new set of clothing, don't buy it. It's simple as that. There is no need to buy this formal wear. And if you do not buy it, you won't have any disadvantages to other players who do.
All well and good until the 7' Klingon with green hair and, pink suit with lime green pinstripe, yellow waist coat and bright blue shirt is stood in front of you. Yes I have seen this!

Now I'm not any kind of canon fiend or lore master.. I'm not a hardened RP'er either but c'mon, some sensibilites wouldn't go amiss. Would be nice if we could have the option to turn off seeing certain optional c-store items. i.e like I haven't bought the thing myself because I think it looks lame then I can't see the thing on anybody.!
Lt. Commander
# 75
08-13-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm sorry... but every time I see this around I instantly hear the singer from King Crimson going:

"TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FORMAL WEAR!" Dun dundundun dun duuun

(Lol 21st century schizoid man )

>.<
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-13-2010, 02:18 AM
I would ike to know...
if Cryptic only delivers stuff through the C-Store that players have asked for... then who asked for this?
( i hear that everytime if somebody wants to justify the existence of the C-Store "it allowes us to create stuff that players asked for that might otherwise not be done" )....

Anyone asked for this?

I say vote with your wallet!
If you buy this they know you will buy everything they throw at you.
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampson
All well and good until the 7' Klingon with green hair and, pink suit with lime green pinstripe, yellow waist coat and bright blue shirt is stood in front of you. Yes I have seen this!

Now I'm not any kind of canon fiend or lore master.. I'm not a hardened RP'er either but c'mon, some sensibilites wouldn't go amiss. Would be nice if we could have the option to turn off seeing certain optional c-store items. i.e like I haven't bought the thing myself because I think it looks lame then I can't see the thing on anybody.!
Hahaha, yes. I have seen similar outfits too. I totally agree with you by saying "errmm... hello?!? You're a Klingon, not a Ferengi!"
But on the other hand... in every game, where you can customize your character, there are some who exagerrates things. So practically I do not have anything against the sissy Klingon, beside a good laugh of course.

The option to turn off the customized outfit would be a thing in the right direction for players like you, that do not want to see this. I would not turn off those outfits, but I would support this idea as I can understand, some people really don't want to see things like that.
Lt. Commander
I would like to say that im am happy to see that costume options are being expanded, it keeps things interesting and allows for more customization, as to the new release, in my opinion it is well designed and greatly expands the minimal off duty clothing currently available (now if only i got invited to the really great parties). However, while the design seems fairly well executed, in my opinion it looks a little trashy in regards to the female designs. Just my opinion, but I donít equate formal wear with mini skirts. That being said, I do like the suits. On sort of a related note, while I would love to see more formal / off duty clothing, what I would really like to see is more customization of duty uniforms (for example the addition of service stripes to jacket arms to show length of service, where one could be added for each season a players character was active; or more belt options), or perhaps a differentiation between away team uniforms and ship board (other than turning on/off the armor or assigning different clothes to bridge officers who go with you on away missions. Anyway, thatís my two cents on the issue. Thanks cryptic for continuing to improve the game, looking forward to whats coming next.
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-13-2010, 02:54 AM
These could have been sold on risa or something , not everything has to go in your crappy store
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
These could have been sold on risa or something , not everything has to go in your crappy store
+1

10charss