Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Viewscreens on Bridge
08-13-2010, 04:54 AM
Just a suggestion more than anything - the viewscreens on the bridge look awful at the minute with basically a flat black starry canvas - any chance of maybe replacing it with a outside view of space, like when looking out a window?

It's defintiely the weak point of my bridge atm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-13-2010, 05:19 AM
sad isn't it? even Star Trek Bridge Commander gives you a active View Screen where you can acutally see what is going on outside, even if you're in a battle...

well i guess we'll just have to wait to see
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah but Armada didn't have live-action viewscreens... neither did SFC, or ST: Borg, or Starfleet Academy, or Elite Force, or Judgement Rites, or New Worlds, or Away Team, or The Fallen, or Dominion Wars or mostly all other Star Trek games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****tor View Post
Yeah but Armada didn't have live-action viewscreens... neither did SFC, or ST: Borg, or Starfleet Academy, or Elite Force, or Judgement Rites, or New Worlds, or Away Team, or The Fallen, or Dominion Wars or mostly all other Star Trek games.
True, but how hard couple it me to have the viewscreen show SB1 when in the Sol system. I can go to my bridge while in the B-Tran Cluster and see SB1 on my viewscreen. I go to the bridge in Sol and see K-7. Next time I go to my bridge in Sol I see deep space. May the STO team could come up with a static image (like those games) and actually have it be pertinent to the area. Just a thought.


-Auspice
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Kyon
sad isn't it? even Star Trek Bridge Commander gives you a active View Screen where you can acutally see what is going on outside, even if you're in a battle...

well i guess we'll just have to wait to see
Maybe because Bridge Commander is an entirely different game from the ground up?

Plus, every seasoned Bridge Commander pilot knows that bridge view is worthless for actually fighting a serious battle in.
Which is most likely why they never bothered with one in STO. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehkodiak View Post
Just a suggestion more than anything - the viewscreens on the bridge look awful at the minute with basically a flat black starry canvas - any chance of maybe replacing it with a outside view of space, like when looking out a window?

It's defintiely the weak point of my bridge atm
The viewscreen is like a TV screen, not a window. Thats how it is supposed to be.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 AM.