Lt. Commander
# 41
08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
making open pvp zones isnt with player control. we can however work within the paradigm, utilize player created channels, (AND THE NEW CHALLENGE SYSTEM) to get what we want withotu cryptic spoon feeding it to us. and please do keep your carrier at home when the REAL battle starts. thanks
Why does this content have to have player control? Private PvP duels would still exist, let that be that...let this be this.

Many of us dont want to be restricted to play dates and pre-scripted duels/pi$$ing contests. We want a dynamic, cloud of war filled Campaigns of theater expansion. Gladiator contest dont fulfill this need...never has, never will.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I think he meant only Cryptic can implement Open PvP zones, but there are other things players can do by themselves right now.

Personally, I think Open PvP is unlikely, and frankly not that desirable, although linking PvP victories to some kind of faction vs faction conflict would be good.

I'd also like:

- Fleet ladders
- Observer mode
- Better queues
- Tounaments with rewards
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I think he meant only Cryptic can implement Open PvP zones, but there are other things players can do by themselves right now.

Personally, I think Open PvP is unlikely, and frankly not that desirable, although linking PvP victories to some kind of faction vs faction conflict would be good.

I'd also like:

- Fleet ladders
- Observer mode
- Better queues
- Tounaments with rewards
It just feels to much like a new way to do the same old thing. It only sems like a work around for whats currently broken in terms of queueing for PvP. But it'll just be the same bland PvP content.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I think Snix should sit down with the gameplay geniuses like Edgecase and anyone who feel like they belong to that group and grind for afew days play with none optimized grps, play fleet vs fleet play 10pugs vs each other and figure out what makes some skill better then the others.. aproach the difficulities of pvp balanced from a wide perspective.. Maybe snix already have loads of data, from season to season what is the skills that is scoring skills and what was the skills that whent off before this happend atm there is no "snb Vm" combination ingame and for that I think we owe snix abit of our respect to be honest.

But lately the invincible cruiser is something I truely hate.. RSP is something I've think that have ruined my fun from even 1.0 patch. Basicly a skill that makes you immune to damage for 15 seconds Doesn't feel balanced at all in my eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
RSP is something I've think that have ruined my fun from even 1.0 patch. Basicly a skill that makes you immune to damage for 15 seconds Doesn't feel balanced at all in my eyes.
noob comments like this remind me of how youre a fed first and GOD klink second. for SHAME.

i know ive perosnally had lots of discussions with you about the ways aorund rsp. I utterly pwn anyone who relies on this skill as their sole defense in the game at the moment. This game is so easy it even shows the enemy buffs timer......., let alone the fact that there are a myriad of kinetic damage options, few people are truly skilled at using rsp properly, and many other aspects of shield mechanics to abuse. Using target subsystems, charged particle burst, photonic shockwave, tykens rift, gravity well, mines, torps, ram speed, tachyon beam are all valid options against RSP protected targets.

god forbid stopping firing energy weapons and not relying as mash space bar csv as your "game strategy".

At any rate RSP is not the end all be all of defense. RSP is good in that it exposes weak engineer and sci ships that attempt to perform like tactical and are unable to "burst spike" hard targets, whether within the non rsp window or through nontraditional shield depletion tactics.

When people make comments like that, especially skilled veteran players, it opens the floodgates as what we have seen, with constant nerf bat changes. People neeed to step back like you refer to in your comments. Think about the big picture and what kind of "balance people really want"

But honestly in my mind, to defeat the heaviest well defended cruiser with a master engineer, one must have the perfect tactical weapon, and timing, and be genetically superior. And will still fail if the captain is good enough...

khhhhhaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-13-2010, 05:15 PM
cruiser might just need tweked some mybee rework some of the skills in game