Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Paying every 3 months. Have not gone for lifer yet for 2 reasons.

- Can't seem to gather the courage to pay the big bill :p
- As long as I keep paying, i'm giving Cryptic an incentive to keep working on the game. If I pay it all in advance, i'm encouraging them to focus on c-store items. After all, any company HAVE TO focus on making more money.

That said, I may eventually go for life-time sub...
At this point going life-time is a waste. If you were to stick with 3-month re-ups it'd take you 21 months, almost two years to make it worth it. As much as I enjoy the game and fell that Cryptic is trying hard to improve it, I doubt I'll be [laying that far in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-13-2010, 07:17 AM
im a lifer and as far as im concerned i have already gotten my moneys worth from the game. before sto came out i would spend around $60 a month on psp, wii, xbox games. i have not bought a single game since sto came out because it continues to engage me and keeps me coming back almost everyday. Most of my gaming is done in PvP and since s2 came out its been difficult but not impossible to get my pvp fix each day. i guess thats the only downside right now but im sure they will get it worked out soon. so in the mean time i have been spending most of my time getting emblems through the explore missions, fleet actions and pvp (when i can actually get in a match).
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-13-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm a lifer, been on since beta, and will be on until they close down the servers permanantly (Which hopefully isnt anytime soon)
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-13-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm a subber, pay monthly, sometimes every three months depending upon my financial situation. I'd love to be a lifer, but $300 is too steep for me. Maybe if they had some kind of special, but as it is now? No. Anyhoo, I'm here for the PvP.