Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojo86 View Post
I'm currently at Captain level and from what I've experienced from the Romulans, they are a shattered race spread far and wide, desperately missing their homeworld which was the axis of their government. The Remans have become dominant in space (albeit in sporadic instances of combat, acting like pirates) and the withered arm of the Romulan military is divided between nefarious attempts to adapt Borg technology at hidden outposts, blatant hostility towards the Federation through the mysterious efforts of the new Empress Sela, and the practically inexplicable alliance with the dirty, thieving Hirogen. Allegiances are split and all things trace back to the Hobus Supernova, Nero and Spock.

On the subject of the Federation crossing the NZ willy-nilly, I think it's fair to say that the game currently lacks the depth to explain it, and leaves it at plain ignorance of common sense and Star Trek canon. The developers should have made Romulan space inaccessible just as crossing into Fed space as a Klingon is currently prohibited. Then again, I seem to recall seeing Rom ships lurking around in Fed space on a few occasions...

I think the lack of attention to all this allows players to make up their own minds. Myself and many other players I know of write their own Captain's Logs, some of which are incredibly in-depth and full of brilliant anecdotes. So if you let your imagination go, make up your own story about why the Feds can hop around in Rom space seemingly at will.
I believe the open boarder is because of the fractured nature of the empire and the continuing relief efforts. This is also not to mention the continued efforts by the federation to keep the Klingons out of Romulan territory. I think the parts we are missing is really that Romulan/Klingon front. But it would be nice to have a mission where we have to get permission to conduct federation business in Romulan space.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I want to be allies with the Romulans, they seem friendly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
Are we the Mirror Universe?
Unfortunately it many times looks exactly like that...

Is Federation at war with just about everybody?

Undine, Hirogen, Borg, Gorn, Nausicaans, Orions, Klingons, Romulans, Remans, Dominion, Cardassians (actually the True Way plot and the large Dominion fleets in AQ don't seem too believable), Vito'D, Starlians, Phaonians ...many X "race of the week"...

I'm seeing this as issue created by Hobus event....completely destabilizing AQ.
...aaand I'm also expecting (not in STO though) that someone will find out that the Hobus event was caused by some temporal messing and will be erased from history / timeline corrected....
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-14-2010, 01:43 PM
civil war excuse :that rogue section tries a coup cause the current leadership doesnt do anything bout the undine.

the federation didnt develope any cloaking the dead romulan ships are providing that...:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voniatko View Post
I'm seeing this as issue created by Hobus event....completely destabilizing AQ.
...aaand I'm also expecting (not in STO though) that someone will find out that the Hobus event was caused by some temporal messing and will be erased from history / timeline corrected....
Hobus was caused by Praetor Taris, who was under the command of the Iconians for a long time. She first encountered Iconian technology in the second season TNG episode "Contagion." The Iconians have been hard at work trying to destabilize the area for decades, and are responsible for the peace and unity of the Post-Dominion War era transforming into the mess we have today.