Lt. Commander
# 1 How Many Respecs?
08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
If we did get a respec before season 2, do we get an additional respec once we reach VA? Do we end up with one or two respecs after VA?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I think...

We get a new respec token thing at each rank. I don't think we can have more than one at a time though.
Lt. Commander
# 3 This better be wrong
08-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I think...

We get a new respec token thing at each rank. I don't think we can have more than one at a time though.
We better be able to have more than one at a time, I'm not going to be forced in to paying money to respec my character when this is a core gameplay element. It's absolutely outragous, but there was another post saying that the Merit cost cost of respecing your character had gone up x10,000 and this is clearly to try and force people into spending money on the C-Store. Not cool at all Cryptic. Please do the right thing and set a fair respec amount for in-game credit or merits. There is no justification for this to be on the C-Store at all, t's just insulting
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2010, 05:38 AM
lol...

learn to plan your career...then you wont feel the need to whine about respec entitlement.

....some peoples' kids.

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
lol...

learn to plan your career...then you wont feel the need to whine about respec entitlement.

....some peoples' kids.

The whole point is that respecing your character is integral to the core gameplay of experimenting with different set-ups to see what works best. It's doesn't cost Cryptic or Atari anything for us to change our stats any more than it does when we change weapons. They may as well be asking for a C-Store fitting fee everytime you want to try a different weapon configuration. There is no way that this can be justified as recouperating costs, it's simply another HUGE money grab and those involved should be ashamed!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StargazerJ View Post
The whole point is that respecing your character is integral to the core gameplay ......
says who ?

a little reading goes a long way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-15-2010, 05:54 AM
The respecs you gain each rank do stack. Free ones given out for ability changes and vet rewards, however, do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
says who ?

a little reading goes a long way.
While I agree, character planning goes a long way, changing out your primary ship type when you upgrade to a new ship is the main reason they give respecs out each rank. Not to mention making adjustments for new bridge officer abilities that are added.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the info!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StargazerJ View Post
The whole point is that respecing your character is integral to the core gameplay of experimenting with different set-ups to see what works best. It's doesn't cost Cryptic or Atari anything for us to change our stats any more than it does when we change weapons. They may as well be asking for a C-Store fitting fee everytime you want to try a different weapon configuration. There is no way that this can be justified as recouperating costs, it's simply another HUGE money grab and those involved should be ashamed!
It wasn't even a feature at launch. It was added later. So its hard to call it a core game play feature.

And the cost or respec'ing didn't go up. Ranks went up. The cost has ALWAYS been tied to rank. Instead of complaining about how much it costs to respec at VA. Try being happy that at lower levels it is much much cheaper. Yes hard to believe, I know, its cheap at levels where folks really need it while they develop and plan out their characters.

If by VA you don't have good idea of what your skills do and what skills you'd like. Then a respec system is really more of a band aid then a true help.