Lt. Commander
# 31
08-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampson
Always makes me chuckle when I see these 'discussions' on MMO boards... and they always go the same way too! What's funny is the way people see the in game currency, like it's real.. and there's this need to hoard vast quantities of it.

The problem is there comes a point in the life of most MMO's where what was once the main currency becomes almost redundant, and replaced by some other token, currency or whatever. The only other reason I see that there's any worth in trying to attain vast quantities of in game currency is if you're exchanging it for real cash!
EC does serve a purpose in STO though. Being able to buy Mk IV,VI and VIII [dmg]x2 weapons makes going through the repetitive and boring content that much easier.

Especially if your doing it for the 3rd or 4th time.

I'm so bored with the game, my 4th Alt is going to VA without ever leaving the Sirus Sector.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalsgt View Post
EC does serve a purpose in STO though. Being able to buy Mk IV,VI and VIII [dmg]x2 weapons makes going through the repetitive and boring content that much easier.

Especially if your doing it for the 3rd or 4th time.

I'm so bored with the game, my 4th Alt is going to VA without ever leaving the Sirus Sector.
Yeah but isn't that some kind of warped logic... you're so bored with the game, you're gonna play it by cutting out most of it? How does that help?