Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 USS Achilles
08-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't think it ever was in the official series only novels and video games. I thought the idea of USS Achilles was pretty cool and would like to see it on here if possible.
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/US...les_(NCC-22376)
It was a pretty awesome ship in Dominion Wars and would be pretty neat to see it on STO. Anyone else think so? Or anyone else got other ship types they'd like to see in STO?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-15-2010, 06:01 PM
I want the Century class (player design) and the Tahoe class (perpetual design). Like I said in a thread i made awhile ago. I'd be willing to pay to have the Tahoe, and I hate using the C-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Wasian View Post
I don't think it ever was in the official series only novels and video games. I thought the idea of USS Achilles was pretty cool and would like to see it on here if possible.
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/US...les_(NCC-22376)
It was a pretty awesome ship in Dominion Wars and would be pretty neat to see it on STO. Anyone else think so? Or anyone else got other ship types they'd like to see in STO?
I like that design also and it has been mentioned before. I have no idea if Cryptic would have a right's issue to deal with to use the design or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
I like that design also and it has been mentioned before. I have no idea if Cryptic would have a right's issue to deal with to use the design or not.
They'd have to pay the people who own that particular ship design in order to add it to this game. We will most likely at some point get something similar, but not exactly like it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
They'd have to pay the people who own that particular ship design in order to add it to this game. We will most likely at some point get something similar, but not exactly like it.
Yeah, it would be nice to have the exact same scheme, but if they get one very similar to it that would still be nice. Honestly, the reason I love the Achilles overall out of any other ship besides the Sovereign ships is I had extremely fun times tearing people up people with it in Dominion Wars and would like to do so on here.

Cool thing about the Achilles was the sleek design but I wonder what the bridge would have looked like I think the novel was the only thing that described it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-15-2010, 06:34 PM
I want tpo play dominion wars, but I can neither afford it, nor find a good torrent. (don't give me one on the thread if anyone knows of one, I don't want any infractions going to anyone)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I actually got Dominion Wars in a $20 combo pack awhile back it came with DS9: The Fallen. Guessing that was awhile back you could probably just get one off ebay pretty cheap.

Well anyway I wonder if an Achilles type ship were to be added if it would have the same anti matter mines as the game had. The fact that when a ship came too close Achilles automatically fired what I believe were anti matter pods located at the top back of the ship. Don't think STO has anything like that in game would be an interesting addition.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.