Lt. Commander
# 131
08-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Krix
Very well , then we got now some holodeck clothes and maybe we get the holodeck later
But....not everyone on earth is a starfleet member and not everyone on earth wear only a jumpsuit or a uniform .....

Just remember there are still humans around they wear a taxido (suit) ...i remember a TNG Episode .. Picard was grown old ...and he worked as a winegrower .. or farmer in france....without to wear a uniform...just social clothes (like jeans ...shirt .. trousers .. smock and so on ). Clothes we all know from the real time period , from our real life.

I remember a other Episode.... Picard visit his affinity (cousinship) on the earth .. they are not starfleet members and thats why they wear social clothes.

Next TNG Episode:
I remember Worf....as he meets his human mother and father ....his parents wear normal (normally) clothes.The meet (meeting) was about Worfs kid (son)... Alexander.

Iam not sure if it was TNG or not....but i think so...(it was star trek for sure)
A Episode:
I remember that there was a revisor (collator) from the earth on board of the ship.....again .. normal (normally) clothes.

Next TNG Episode:

The Crew explore an new planet and meets a human race (breed)..the human race wear social clothes .. and taxido.

Voyager Episode:
Janeway thinks on the past ...on the time she spent with her husband .. her husband wear normal (normally)clothes into this episode.

DS9 Episode:
Benjamin Sisko visit his father on the earth...his father wear social clothes.
Our characters in the game are members of a military organization, either Starfleet or the KDF. If they are going to give us civilian clothes for off duty time then it should be fashions from the current in game timeframe and not costumes from 400 years in the past. How many people these days do you see running around in 400 year old fashion designs?
Lt. Commander
# 132
08-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Ok I bought them and went to the tailor and they're not there. How do I access them?
Lt. Commander
# 133
08-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I beg to differ. Selling emotes on the C-Store are the most pointless items to date. This certainly ranks up in the top tiers, though.
Dam you got me, I totality agree.
I think I blocked that rubbish from my memory
Lt. Commander
# 134
08-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post
Our characters in the game are members of a military organization, either Starfleet or the KDF. If they are going to give us civilian clothes for off duty time then it should be fashions from the current in game timeframe and not costumes from 400 years in the past. How many people these days do you see running aroare too old und in 400 year old fashion designs?
Since how many years wear the Human already a Taxido (Suit) ??? Those Clothes are timeless like Jeans...but anyway everyone have a privat life....members of mililtary organizations too...and into this moments they wear normal clothes... not uniforms.

I have seen in Star Trek already 400 year old (or older) fashion design clothes.Like i said already earlyer .. as example Data as Musketeer and mexican Cowboy... and so on.

But you dont realy try to compare a taxido with a 400 year old victorian fashion design...or do you?

Then just remember the TOS Uniforms.. arent these 400 years old ? However , these uniforms are old too.. overage ...they doesnt fit into the sto time period... but we got them ... .and why shouldnt we ?

The Taxido (suits)and the female dress didnt looks like too much old School.

How about swimmwear and beachwear we know from the real life (beach/swimm pants, beach/swimm shorts ,...(holiday on risa) doesnt those clothes fit or its timeless too?

But i agree with you....we also should get fashions from the current in game timeframe ...
Lt. Commander
# 135
08-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I like the idea. I even bought the set. But, I'm disappointed with the female outfit.
This is your idea of "formal" wear? What's next? A "Slave Leia" from that other "Star" franchise?

My character is a Federation Admiral, her formal attire should convey at least some sense of dignity, not make her look like she's cruising for a one night stand at Quark's.

Would a long skirt be too much to ask for?
At least give female toons the option of equipping the male outfits.
Lt. Commander
# 136
08-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post
Our characters in the game are members of a military organization, either Starfleet or the KDF. If they are going to give us civilian clothes for off duty time then it should be fashions from the current in game timeframe and not costumes from 400 years in the past. How many people these days do you see running around in 400 year old fashion designs?
I wouldn't mind if the hats came back-they look pimpin'. XD

But, back to the above post.

1. They were on a Holodeck
2. They were "Historical" simulations and thus they wore _out-of-date_ clothing, instead of whatever future formal/casual wear would be.
Lt. Commander
# 137
08-15-2010, 09:30 PM
First...I appreciate the new costumes. While they aren't perfect, and there are some annoyances with them...overall, I am satisfied with them.

Second....What the frak, people? This is an MMO, set in the Star Trek Universe. A little variety is a GOOD thing....

I'd get tired of seeing everyone in the same bland uniform. I don't really care for most of the "new" designs personally... (I can deal with a couple, like B2) This IS an MMO....and people like variety. I'm sorry if the Canon Nuts are crying about immersion, and how things don't belong....Get over it. Variety is GOOD in an MMO.

As others have said...if you don't like them...don't buy them....Get the frak over yourselves and let the rest of us who enjoy the variety be.

Now...Who do I talk to about getting the TWOK Uniform ACTUALLY fixed properly, and get an actual Admiral's variant for it.....hehe
Lt. Commander
# 138
08-15-2010, 10:01 PM
X
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Too bad we dont have the holodeck or your example would actually make sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvensDaerthe View Post
Heu sorry dude... tall your pictures are coming from the HOLODECK... you know? This room where you can make any world you want....
You ever notice when you log onto the live server its called the" Holodeck". You know the room where ensigns get a ship command...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeOnasi
Maybe they're looking for that "Some Like It Hot" look?

OK, I can see how this could be used in RPing, and it could be fun, but working on this instead of fixing the level-banding problems in fleet actions, which squad support hasn't fixed at all? Or working on this instead of fixing the insane respawn rate in The Big Dig?

Is this Cryptic's way of telling me that I can have a formal dinner party with my fleet on my bridge, but I can't go fight with them as a fleet in "Breaking the Planet", which is labeled as a 'Fleet Action"?

I enjoy the game quite a bit, Cryptic, and I appreciate the gestures you're making to make this game even more fun, but I really wonder about the priorities sometimes.
Again different people do different things on at Cryptic. Not everyone works on bug reports.
Lt. Commander
# 139
08-16-2010, 06:29 PM
had a thought decided it wasnt very nice so instead here ya go:p

* ok couldnt help Females in Formal Wear looks like a Hooker or Dabo Girl would have been nice to have more than those sheets hanging on the front and back. More Options try again
Lt. Commander
# 140
08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I found them to be reasonable. Perfect, no, but nothing is. Overall I'm relatively happy with them though, and no one is forced to buy them if they don't like them or don't want them. So I think it's fair.