Lt. Commander
# 11 Permanent account termination
08-14-2010, 07:55 PM
that is really a bad thing... cryptic should permanently terminate the accounts of ALL people that are harassing, threatening or name-calling other players.
As I see it, it's cryptic's responsibility to protect the average mature user from this. Depending on your country they are indeed bound to take action against such behaviour, as several countries have very strict laws about cyber-mobbing, real-life threats and name-calling. As Cryptic runs this means of communication, they are responsible for it and will have to prosecute that kind of behaviour.

I happen to end up with immature player (all well versed in name-calling and threatening) quite a lot, I feel cryptic should be much more strict with policing such things. Imo permanent account termination would send the right message and many people would use their brains BEFORE they write such stuff.

Hope this will get solved for you soon!!!

Kind regards
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
that is really a bad thing... cryptic should permanently terminate the accounts of ALL people that are harassing, threatening or name-calling other players.
As I see it, it's cryptic's responsibility to protect the average mature user from this. Depending on your country they are indeed bound to take action against such behaviour, as several countries have very strict laws about cyber-mobbing, real-life threats and name-calling. As Cryptic runs this means of communication, they are responsible for it and will have to prosecute that kind of behaviour.

I happen to end up with immature player (all well versed in name-calling and threatening) quite a lot, I feel cryptic should be much more strict with policing such things. Imo permanent account termination would send the right message and many people would use their brains BEFORE they write such stuff.

Hope this will get solved for you soon!!!

Kind regards
Sadly, few MMO's have the manpower for that kind of policing, and in my experience, little infractions like cursing or name calling are seldom grounds for banning unless its a high frequency of infractions. Also, many suspect that marketing departments frown upon banning players because its counter-productive to making money, and while its not something anyone is likely to confirm, it does seem a reasonable assumption.

Things like real life threats, on the other hand, absolutely should be dealt with quickly and with serious consequences.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Well I havent been getting any response from any GM and it's been 4 hours since I submitted the first ticket. Are GM request tickets suppose to show up on the "My Tickets" tab too, cuz I have not been seeing it. only bug reports.

EDIT:: It just now popped up on my tickets and simply says resolved. No details.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost45 View Post
Well I havent been getting any response from any GM and it's been 4 hours since I submitted the first ticket. Are GM request tickets suppose to show up on the "My Tickets" tab too, cuz I have not been seeing it. only bug reports.

EDIT:: It just now popped up on my tickets and simply says resolved. No details.
Well, as part of their EULA/TOS small print, you won't get any details about their investigation.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost45 View Post
Cool thx. I took the ticket number down. Its still not in my submitted tickets section but in order to hopefully talk to a GM I'm just doin an STF right now. Were u suggesting poting the ticket number on here??
I'm cool at the moment. Just kinda have a bitter taste in my mouth over this.
They can check what the person said. So don't be bitter. Be patient. Let the system work. That kind of thing is completely against the rules both in-game and out of game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-14-2010, 10:37 PM
What the idiot does not understand is that a Threat in "cyberspace" is a threat in REAL life. Get a restraining order. You should treat it as such. That is a violation of your civil rights. Unless you're from a foreign country, not US, then your applicable laws apply. Ugh, children.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-15-2010, 11:25 PM
So I almost assumed that his account was banned or suspended. I had him on my ignore list and he's been offline it says. Turns out that Cryptic just simply put some kind of barrier between us cuz that **** is still on harrassing my friends that we were all grouped with when our dispute began. It's been over 24 hours and this guy is insanley relentless over a very minor dispute.

Cryptic does not need players like this in their game and simply putting a communication block between us doesnt sound like the "Zero Tolerance" policy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Ever heard of road rage? Kind of like that but on the internet. Many people still see the internet as their playland of make believe. A legal restraining order might just be what they need to 'wake them up'. I know that for some name calling is part of the game as they try to 'throw off your game'. Not one that I partake in, and not one that should continue past the reasonable arena.

Now if your life is being threatened, don't count on cryptic to police it. That;s what the police are for! And last I checked it is possible for police to have someone extradited to their country for broken laws.

Be careful, nip these feuds in the butt! I've read about a few rare cases that got really scary.