Lt. Commander
I know some people have been complaining about how Federation ships have the blue seal of the Federation government on their hulls instead of the yellow Starfleet logo with red stripes seen on the shows. Well guess what... I just logged in, pulled up next to a parked Excelsior outside Earth Space Dock, and zoomed in on it only to see it had the starfleet symbol on the side of it's engineering hull section like it's supposed to, red stripes and all! Anyway, I just thought those of you who like accuracy would like to know you'll finally be getting one of your wishes. I took a pic but I couldn't figure out how to attach it to this post. The Excelsior in question is in Instance #5 take a look if you'd like.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't believe non lifetimers are able to post pics directly. We have to use something like flicker. It just makes our non lifetimer posts all the more meaningful to us.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2010, 07:27 PM
I AM a lifer. I can't find a way to set the blue title either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Samson
I AM a lifer. I can't find a way to set the blue title either.
So you are undercover. Interesting, I did not know you had a option in the blue letters.

Perhaps you get the post pics directly option in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Well apparently the blue letters are optional and there's some secret to turning them on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Well apparently the blue letters are optional and there's some secret to turning them on.
My Account-> Group Memberships

edit: On the topic of posting attachments, only certain sub-forums allow you to post attachments. Your best bet is to sign up with Photobucket and just link from there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
I know some people have been complaining about how Federation ships have the blue seal of the Federation government on their hulls instead of the yellow Starfleet logo with red stripes seen on the shows. Well guess what... I just logged in, pulled up next to a parked Excelsior outside Earth Space Dock, and zoomed in on it only to see it had the starfleet symbol on the side of it's engineering hull section like it's supposed to, red stripes and all! Anyway, I just thought those of you who like accuracy would like to know you'll finally be getting one of your wishes. I took a pic but I couldn't figure out how to attach it to this post. The Excelsior in question is in Instance #5 take a look if you'd like.
This is nothing new, the TOS Constitution in STO has the same thing so i doubt it's something that'll be carried over to other ships, rather it seems more like something specific to the ships which had those decals in canon.