Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It's been a while since I fought them, but IIRC, Naucassian ships seemed to have a lot of sciency abilities in PvE. Energy Siphons and so on.
Could be intresting nausicaans losing a rear gun or guns for siphon pod launchers on there ships.

Still think the gorn should be built around slow but hard to kill.

As for orions i would love to see this scout ship here is some details about the ship from memory alpha. special power could be souped up engines for 10 seconds able to travel at impulse speed and still fire(with a drop of 25 weapon power), with incresed defence, 5 minute cooldown.

also wouldnt mind see the wanderer-blockade runner which could be a nice science ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm not feeling it for that scout ship, but the other one...The Wanderer...it sounds good to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I could live with that...now...what about powers???? Feds get some crap for T5 refits...what about us??? Don't tell me a cloak is going to be it...

I have a feeling the special power for the gorn ship is to make it another frakking carrier (it better not be...or Imma take away their cookies...this is the dark side dang it). I have a feeling that the Nausicaan ship will be a different-skinned raptor, and the Orion ship...well, I don't know...

but I want special powers. Plenty have been mentioned in other klingon threads, I just cannot remember any of them. Maybe if someone could refresh my memory some....

I sure don't want a ship that is hindered more than my current T5 ship just to have a Vor' cha that has no power other than a cloaking device....I mean, come on already....sheesh.
I hope these ships donīt have cloaks on them. And as for the special "crap" the feds got, it sounds better than it is. I have not used my ablative armor even once since i got the refit Intrepid.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I hope these ships donīt have cloaks on them. And as for the special "crap" the feds got, it sounds better than it is. I have not used my ablative armor even once since i got the refit Intrepid.
Well, you know as well as I do that the KDF would have upgraded any ship in their service. That means cloaking technology...but as far as the skills go, I meant that if we are going to get T5 ships as refits, and they take away consoles or device slots without a major added bonus to shields or hull, maybe both, I will certainly be frakking angry. They could if they were going to gimp us like they did the fed refits, add a power that might or might not be beneficial to the player...

As for the ablative armour, it has taken me out of a couple of hairy moments...but that's it..I think I have used it 3 times...lol 2 for combat and 1 to see the animation.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgrim
i want the Harrad-Sar's barge as a carrier Barge Carrier
Not 100% with ya on it being a carrier though I wouldn't be opposed to it either, just want it to be in game. Harrad-Sar's barge was great, especially if we can have the decoration on it:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2w5odup.jpg

Here is also a nice link I found illustrating some Orion designs that look cool (don't know if the top ship is canon or not but I believe the other two are the Orion interceptors with a paint job. Also didn't notice if it was already linked, forgive me if a repost).
http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2009/...f-boarderline/

As for how I see them working in game, it will likely work along the same grounds as they have now. Rather than each race doing something specific, they will likely just have individual ships that end up more like a different skin of a cruiser, escort science, etc rather than each race having anything unique as far as the jobs they perform. I will admit that they might need to add in something extra if they leave out the cloaking, since I'm not aware of these races having cloaking. Although, since they have been taken over by the Klingons and become their allies (even if it was forced) the Klingons would likely give them access to cloaking tech.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I do not want to see yet another carrier. 2 is more than enough. One is considered a full carrier, and quite useful in STF's and such..or defensive work (according to fleetie testing), whilst the other one well...looks and performs like a lionfish out of water.

I would rather see battleships armed to the teeth maybe with 5 fore and aft weapons slots, no extra powers, 3 tactical engineering, and science consoles. Along with 3 device slots. This would be the big beast for feds to worry about now.

Imagine going up against that and a season 1 carrier...Now, that's what I call a good idea...

P.S.: I would not mind sacrificing extra movement (turning it to maybe 8 deg/sec) for the 5th weapons slots

We are Klingons, its time we started getting ships that make us the most feared mothers in the quadrant!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I do not want to see yet another carrier. 2 is more than enough. One is considered a full carrier, and quite useful in STF's and such..or defensive work (according to fleetie testing), whilst the other one well...looks and performs like a lionfish out of water.

I would rather see battleships armed to the teeth maybe with 5 fore and aft weapons slots, no extra powers, 3 tactical engineering, and science consoles. Along with 3 device slots. This would be the big beast for feds to worry about now.

Imagine going up against that and a season 1 carrier...Now, that's what I call a good idea...

P.S.: I would not mind sacrificing extra movement (turning it to maybe 8 deg/sec) for the 5th weapons slots

We are Klingons, its time we started getting ships that make us the most feared mothers in the quadrant!!!!
Not by anyone who uses it, and wants a real one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Not by anyone who uses it, and wants a real one.
Meh....to each their own...I was just stating that I don't want to see yet another one at the T5 level. That's 2 already. T5 refit I would personally like to see an armed to the teeth battlecruiser....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.