Lt. Commander
My Federal Tactical officer has received 10 new bridge officers.

They are all Engineers.

When does the game give you a bridge officer that is say in your same field? Other than the ones he got during the tutorial he has never gotten anything else.

Unless there is somewhere else I can get superior bridge officers?

Please help it sucks not having a second tac officer when that is your speciaity.

///

Figures no sooner than I post this than I get my first tac officer LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-14-2010, 12:12 PM
If you are only receiving engineering bridge officers through the bridge officer requisitions contact, but are wanting tactical, then you can see Elsa Mora ( I believe that is the correct spelling) on Earth Space Dock and request them there.

You can find her just beside the doorway heading to the ceremony room from the shipyard.

There you can find Tactical, Engineering, and Science Bridge Officers.

You can also access the exchange to find some bridge officers, but they will normally be more expensive.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3 what?
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM
i dont think thats so simple enough...you maybe bugged ...or simply overdoing it cause 10 times engineer doesnt sound possible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerednaw View Post
My Federal Tactical officer has received 10 new bridge officers.

They are all Engineers.

When does the game give you a bridge officer that is say in your same field? Other than the ones he got during the tutorial he has never gotten anything else.

Unless there is somewhere else I can get superior bridge officers?

Please help it sucks not having a second tac officer when that is your speciaity.

///

Figures no sooner than I post this than I get my first tac officer LOL.
The BOFFs you receive when you gain levels are entirely randomly generated from what I've seen (the only fixed thing is the rarity of the officer is tied to what level you are being promoted too). Still to get 10 engineers in a row is indeed unusual. I suppose you could try submitting a bug report, but even if it is a bug Cryptic won't replace the BOFF candidates for you (in my experience and everything I've ever read on the forums regarding mission rewards).
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-14-2010, 08:05 PM
From the last 10 officers i've received with my latest toon, 7 have been tactical, 2 engineers and one science. In that order. With my other toons officers have been more random.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-17-2010, 07:20 AM
hmm that's weird man, the BO's I've received were pretty balanced. 3 Eng, 3 Sci, and 3 TAC.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizarraras
From the last 10 officers i've received with my latest toon, 7 have been tactical, 2 engineers and one science. In that order. With my other toons officers have been more random.
An even distribution is not "more random", lol.

Anyway, the chance of getting 10 bridge officers of the same type is only 1-in-19683, which (for comparison) is somewhere in between the chance of drawing a four-of-a-kind and drawing a straight flush in poker. Considering the number of characters that have been levelled, it has probably happened to a number of people.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-18-2010, 06:20 AM
I've seen this a lot.

I think there's a bug in the distribution system that causes multiples of a single type of boff.