Lt. Commander
# 1 Cluster Suggestion
08-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Hello all,

I dont know how people think of this, but I am tired of going trough the B'Tran Cluster over and over again.
Also the place is more crowded then ever and people star fighting for Anomalies j/k

So the Dev's showed us that it is possible to add more variety to the daily missions. Please make this possible for Clustermissions aswell...

There are so many clusters in this game that are empty because alot of people are in the higher ranks actually. Sometimes it feels that the whole community is in the Gamma Orionis Sector and in the B'Tran Cluster.

So why not add a rotating daily through all clusters around the STO Galaxy.

As example:

It is monday. You contact your Daily-Quest Officer, he tells you to go to the Kazhaan Cluster.
On tuesday he wants you to explore the Arcunis Arm

And so on...

I would pretty much like that. It adds more variety to the daily-missions also you woul finally archive some more of the open exploration accolades
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-16-2010, 01:25 PM
hi .. its a very good idea, to round up this .. we need 4 ore 5 new missions
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2010, 04:08 AM
I like the general idea, but it does not solve one of the major issues you mentioned in your posting. I agree that it gets annoying to fly through the very same cluster once per day (perhaps even twice per day, if you are Vice Admiral). Thus I also agree that it would be great to have some variety added by, e.g. more clusters and more daily missions in general. The problem of those clusters being simply overcrowded, however, remains. To solve this, there are basically two possible ways:
either
1) decrease the number of players being able to be in the same instance at the same time
or
2) do not give the same daily mission to every player. E.g. Player A gets the mission "Chart the Kazhaan Cluster (Daily)", whereas Player B has to "Chart the B'Tran Cluster (Daily)". This would also decrease the number of players doing quests in the same cluster.

As I do not know the technical possibilities of the engine, I can't tell whether even one of these points would work properly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Rotate the missions like the PvP Dailys as OP mentioned. That would be nice.

Also it might be good if you add a wider variety of missions. It gets annoying i you hit Gather Data or Aproach Base all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Ugh, no queues! Queues kill a game (with the exception of WoW where the number of subscribers unfortunately made it a requirement in the end) extremely quickly, look at the lacko interest on the number of Klingon Faction toons to illustrate this point. Just add more areas with the relevant needed material drops! Also, this is a problem with a level cap and only a finite number of places to search for said materials without a controlled and central market system for those builder folks in the game.

I'd also suggest that there are more drops of green materials as it seems that these tend to be the least often obtained through anomaly scans, especially after the most recent patch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Brillant Idea!
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Something I'd really like to see with the lower level clusters is to have them level to the players they're meant for, instead of to me. When I'm just in Delta Volaris as a Vice Admiral to mine anomilies for crafting, I think I've earned the right to have the enemies stay 40 levels below me, where they belong.

As I said a couple of months ago on a thread about the leveling in random encounters, one of the reasons we spend so much time leveling in the first place is so that we can go back and flaunt our Q-like destructive powers over the enemies who used to give us grief. Having everything magically rise to exactly your level cheapens everything we went through to get to that level of power.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valavaern View Post
Something I'd really like to see with the lower level clusters is to have them level to the players they're meant for, instead of to me. When I'm just in Delta Volaris as a Vice Admiral to mine anomilies for crafting, I think I've earned the right to have the enemies stay 40 levels below me, where they belong.

As I said a couple of months ago on a thread about the leveling in random encounters, one of the reasons we spend so much time leveling in the first place is so that we can go back and flaunt our Q-like destructive powers over the enemies who used to give us grief. Having everything magically rise to exactly your level cheapens everything we went through to get to that level of power.
That would be nice indeed. At the other hand it would be boring.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Quite more boring than interesting in my opinion. I don't play to do space-rampage, but to have some fun, test tactics and enjoy fighting enemies whose level is even to mine.
Lt. Commander
# 10 try something else
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
This is what I do -->

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...60#post2992760

Hit the other sector DSE - go thru a couple rotations and the DSE's seem to level up.

I get MK X' and XI's stuff doing this

Just a thought!