Lt. Commander
# 1 Ambasadors and voting.
08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Anyone know anything about this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Only that when I made Ambassador I went to DS9, wandered around a bit. On the second level (the walk ways above the Promenade) there's an Admiral K-something just standing there. You talk to her and all she says there's nothing to vote on, but check back for when they have a quorum.

So there ya go. That's it that I can tell. I imagine it's for future as-yet-unmade content.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-18-2010, 06:14 PM
My understanding is that voting occurs during the first 15 minutes of every hour. We vote on which transwarp tokens will be available in a special store to individuals of non-Ambassadorial status. The winning token will then be available for a limited amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
My understanding is that voting occurs during the first 15 minutes of every hour. We vote on which transwarp tokens will be available in a special store to individuals of non-Ambassadorial status. The winning token will then be available for a limited amount of time.
REE-ee-ee-allly. Well... That's something I'll have to check out, I guess...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I was able to find the DS9 Ambassador open and taking votes so I voted for one of the Ambassadors on the list. I never saw any Ambassador selling tokens appear. I might have been looking in the wrong place, however. I was curious if there is some sort of text event in zone chat announcing the Ambassador's arrival. Some peeps playing Dabo said the Ambassador arrival is bugged which might be why I couldn't find the guy. It's a fun concept tho, glad it's in game. There's a patch coming tomorrow 8/19, maybe that will fix it. I'll try it again

--cirdi
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2010, 12:00 AM
That all sounds rather cheap to me....I mean grind our way to that for what?...I want a piece of the action...not a TW token...lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
That all sounds rather cheap to me....I mean grind our way to that for what?...I want a piece of the action...not a TW token...lol
I review the Diplo Corps over in another thread. Check it out to see what the grind is all about.

Ok, so I went over to Admiral Karebbah ("Carebear"?) at DS9 this morning at 6:05a (PDT). And she said:

Quote:
I'm sorry, Ambassador.

The Federation Diplomatic Corps voting bloc is not active at this time. Please return when we have a quorum to cast your ballot.

Diplomatic activities are typically scheduled to take place at the top of every other hour.
Apparently I have to come back at 7a (PDT). I'll be at work then.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-19-2010, 07:57 AM
The voting takes place every other hour at the top of the hour.

On tribble, this was at every odd-numbered hour (PST).

Also, it seemed very inconsistent as to whether a visiting diplomat arrived or not, there is no announcement if/when they arrive or on board DS9 when you arrive, and no one seems to know how long they stay. When they do appear, it seems to be somewhere near the NPC where you vote, but noone has been able to purchase anything from them yet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
As I've said in another thread, the transwarp tokens don't seem to be for Ambassadors (as they already get powers to transwarp to DS9, K7, and SB39). This voting process that Ambassadors get to take part in seems mainly to benefit people that aren't Ambassadors. This is a concept that seems to be falling on its face b/c the reaction most heard so far is not "hey, now we can help others, tell us who you want us to vote for", it's "OMG WTF WHY DID I GRIND ALL THIS WAY FOR STOOPID TOKENS I DONT NEED"

It seems in this game, the reason people seek the diplomatic path of the Ambassador is not for the chance to represent others, but for personal gain instead.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
It seems in this game, the reason people seek the diplomatic path of the Ambassador is not for the chance to represent others, but for personal gain instead.
Don't forget "OMFG WHY CANT I USE DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY ON MYSELF ASDFGHJKL"