Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
The voting takes place every other hour at the top of the hour.
Thanks for that correction. I was actually coming back to this thread specifically to correct myself, because I wandered over to the Admiral about an hour ago and read the "every other hour" bit.

Quote:
Also, it seemed very inconsistent as to whether a visiting diplomat arrived or not, there is no announcement if/when they arrive or on board DS9 when you arrive, and no one seems to know how long they stay. When they do appear, it seems to be somewhere near the NPC where you vote, but noone has been able to purchase anything from them yet.
Guess this function hasn't been enabled yet, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
It seems in this game, the reason people seek the diplomatic path of the Ambassador is not for the chance to represent others, but for personal gain instead.
As far as talking about the rewards only, I have to admit I did it for personal gain. I really wanted -- and am now enjoying having -- the DS9 transwarp. Other than that, I moved up the diplomatic ranks for enjoyment of some of the storylines and the First Contacts. Looking forward to the anthropology missions when those are available!

I do like your idea, though, of trying to find out what tokens non-Ambassadors would find most useful, then voting for that one.