Lt. Commander
# 21
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
What about sone sort of duel system. A Klingon could prove his battle prowess and be rewarded, like fed diplomats get rewarded for being diplomatic. Maybe youŽd have to defeat certain enemies. Maybe all of this could also be linked to the great houses and aquiring resources and allies for them. And the final rank could be... Dahar Master.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-20-2010, 12:58 AM
System or sector conquest in the name of housw we good, but I doubt that any klingon analog to the diplomatic corps will come. Our faction is to unimportant as it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
What about sone sort of duel system. A Klingon could prove his battle prowess and be rewarded, like fed diplomats get rewarded for being diplomatic. Maybe youŽd have to defeat certain enemies. Maybe all of this could also be linked to the great houses and aquiring resources and allies for them. And the final rank could be... Dahar Master.
Just another combat system. So no.

Perhaps any diplomatic system should have an "option" for combat, but it should not be the focus. Every single bit of Klingon content involves combat. Every single episode (I say that like there are lots of them), every single expanse, every single nebula, combat.

I realise the fed side is also combat heavy, but 99.8% of the point of adding the diplomacy system was to give fed players an alternative to the "shoot to kill" stuff. Well guess what? KDF players want an alternative as well.

I am really sick of seing comments like "Klingons don't do diplomacy" or "Klingons don't wear civilian clothes" and "Klingons don't play things like poker" and all of the other crap that gets thrown our way as an excuse why a new system doesn't get given to the KDF side.

Obviously KDF "diplomacy" is not going to be the peaceful "OMGZ lets me friends!" you get with Starfleet, the tone is clearly going to be "join us or die", but that still requires non-combat talks with the race - the only difference is that if the talks fail, you get to blown stuff up. That is an acceptable use of combat because you are giving the player the choice, and chance, to avoid it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
System or sector conquest in the name of housw we good, but I doubt that any klingon analog to the diplomatic corps will come. Our faction is to unimportant as it seems.
Yes, people laugh as klingons pass them...