Lt. Commander
# 51
12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Reading the novels! Woohoo! I've been worried that we might have writers who didn't read them/care about them. That bit by itself makes me happy.

I don't knit my own socks... how much work is that? Sounds like a long process.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor94 View Post
Reading the novels! Woohoo! I've been worried that we might have writers who didn't read them/care about them. That bit by itself makes me happy.

I don't knit my own socks... how much work is that? Sounds like a long process.
Knitting can be an insanely long process depending on how much you are knitting. Suprisingly though, the time just flies by. I've never knitted socks though, so I don't really know for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-16-2008, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
Knitting can be an insanely long process depending on how much you are knitting. Suprisingly though, the time just flies by. I've never knitted socks though, so I don't really know for sure.
Just last week my daughter submitted her report on 18th century colonial living. Turns out they passed laws requiring children to know how to spin, and a girl, by the time she was 8 would knit the whole family's socks, do the mending, make the soap, make the candles, and possibly even whip up herbal medicines if they were needed
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Ad astra per aspera

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO_Gilligan View Post
Just last week my daughter submitted her report on 18th century colonial living. Turns out they passed laws requiring children to know how to spin, and a girl, by the time she was 8 would knit the whole family's socks, do the mending, make the soap, make the candles, and possibly even whip up herbal medicines if they were needed
Wait, I can knit, sew a little, I know how to make soap, I've made candles, peppermint is good for an upset stomach ...

I'm an eight-year-old from the 18th century!!
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO_Gilligan View Post
All I want my wife to do is learn to cook...

/She's not on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Great and well met!
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-01-2009, 04:04 PM
The thing about the episodic missions is one thing I had asked if i had been to the release of the first trailer. But since I am from germany that would have been a major trip just to drop off one question ;}

Even though I registered only recently with the forum I am monitoring the developement and the plot developement that is written for quite a while now so it's really a good thing to finally know who to blame if something doesn't add up. ;-D (kidding)
I am however a little bit worried, not by the fact that the writer behind the game hasn't made any ST games yet or anything like that, but more the fact that it is only one writer overall, doing all the little chat-bubbles, all the dialogs, all the stuff that normally takes a team of plot developers for any other mmorpg.
Also Star Trek has always been the work of multiple writers, there was not a single season of any star trek series i know of that was entirely written by one person alone.
Now one writer (and I have no doubt about her abilities or anything that's not the point) writes nearly 30 years of plot. In a manner of speaking one person now controlls the "entire fate of the galaxy".
Am I the only one concerned with this?
So in fact there are two questions:
1st:
Is it really enough to have one person working on so many plots and will it not affect the size of the game?
2nd:
Is the huge responsibility of writing so much "history" fit to be handed to one person alone?

Now to round this up, plz don't get me wrong, I have no specific problem with the plot so far or anything in particular, in fact the detail on some of the characters lifes have been more accurately described than I had anticipated. So all in all i am just asking if there is some kind of control over what is done here, becasue from what I understand the plot will be "law" for any future series (may there ever be more that are post Nem.).

I have given it alot of thought, even if i should write this at all, especially since i have not yet spoken up about STO but I think it is about time. :]

-waiting for the impact, TreffnonX (plz don't rip my head off )
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Glad to see ladies on the team!

Be good to us Gorn in the missions!