Lt. Commander
# 21
08-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
1 holo emitter = 15 minutes. Nuff said. Your statement IMPLIED 30 minutes of use for one, there was no qualification there to clear up your mis-communication that you were referring to more than one. Maybe you just need a brain and need to learn how to communicate, because obviously you don't have one at all.
"and was then able to buy the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive."

My post clearly stated that I had 2. And as you'll well realise, 2 lots of 15mins is 30mins. Nuff said. Saying that I'd got 15mins from my Dabo playing would have been inaccurate, since I got 2 Holo Emitters, giving me 30. Hence why I said 30. Nowhere did I mention that I only had 1. You say I can't communicate, and yet you clearly can't grasp the fact that having mentioned that I had 2 Holo Emitters, you took that to mean 1. I'm not the one with the communication problem.

Quote:
Now then Cupcake... you can't suck at playing Dabo because

*gasp*

It's a computer program. You lay down your chips (EC) and decide which 3 slots you want. the computer then makes the choice of where the shapes etc stop. Not you. You have nothing to do after laying down your EC and clicking your slots. Nothing. So you can't suck, or not suck. It's simply ruled by the built in law of averages for the table... coded by the devs.
Exactly. It's totally random. So why doubt that somebody can get a 100k Dabo? I had the list of the previous winners up while I played, so I could see that others were getting them, too. Maybe they've nerfed the percentage since I played, I dunno.

Quote:
As for my character, son. I've been online since the early 80's (i.e. back when a V.22 1200 bps modem was considered screaming fast and top of the line), and my experience over the years has shown me that when people start making wild statements like you have made, and then try to back them up with even wilder statements to 'prove' they are telling the truth... even in the face of facts that tend to discount what they are saying, they are most likely liars. I have VERY rarely been proven wrong.
I've no need or desire to 'prove' my statements, since I know them to be true. Now maybe your experience of gamers has turned your online-personality into the deeply unpleasant character you put across, maybe it was there from the start. Your 'Opinions' may discount what I say, but the 'Facts' certainly do not. And if you want to look me up in-game, I'll show you both the Holo Emitters, if you're really that desperately in need of convincing.

I would say 'Have a nice day', but your 'nice days' seem to involve being insulting and disagreeable, so I'll just smile sweetly and nod politely...
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveywavey View Post
"and was then able to buy the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive."

My post clearly stated that I had 2. And as you'll well realise, 2 lots of 15mins is 30mins. Nuff said. Saying that I'd got 15mins from my Dabo playing would have been inaccurate, since I got 2 Holo Emitters, giving me 30. Hence why I said 30. Nowhere did I mention that I only had 1. You say I can't communicate, and yet you clearly can't grasp the fact that having mentioned that I had 2 Holo Emitters, you took that to mean 1. I'm not the one with the communication problem.

Exactly. It's totally random. So why doubt that somebody can get a 100k Dabo? I had the list of the previous winners up while I played, so I could see that others were getting them, too. Maybe they've nerfed the percentage since I played, I dunno.

I've no need or desire to 'prove' my statements, since I know them to be true. Now maybe your experience of gamers has turned your online-personality into the deeply unpleasant character you put across, maybe it was there from the start. Your 'Opinions' may discount what I say, but the 'Facts' certainly do not. And if you want to look me up in-game, I'll show you both the Holo Emitters, if you're really that desperately in need of convincing.

I would say 'Have a nice day', but your 'nice days' seem to involve being insulting and disagreeable, so I'll just smile sweetly and nod politely...
1st... your statement implied one, it was not clear you were referring to two at any point, regardless of whether you mentioned two previously. Clear communication does not leave room for misunderstanding. So. Point and match.

2nd... it's a computer program so it is NOT totally random. Even random number generator programs are not truly random without adding special perimeters to them such as basing the number off of atmospheric noise, etc. and can be predicted with enough time and effort put in to work out the algorithm they are using to 'randomly generate' their numbers.. If you knew anything about programming you would know this.

http://www.random.org/randomness/ (hope this explains it a bit better for you. I doubt cryptic went so far as to code in an atmospheric or quantum based RNG for their game table. So yes, it is possible that with enough work and effort, someone could crack the table. Though that is a topic for another conversation entirely.)

3rd... If you got lucky early and won, fine. I have no problem with that. But the problem I do have is your statement that I failed to achieve what you did because I somehow sucked at Dabo or was doing something wrong. Your statement also implied that everyone should be able to make 135k at Dabo in 45 minutes or they must suck at it or are doing something wrong. Like I said above. You can neither suck or be good at Dabo and it's pretty hard to do it wrong (though only betting 10 EC per slot comes close, but even that isn't wrong). It's just a matter of averages and programming (of which I and others, have worked out the averages already).

4th... My personality has nothing to do with this conversation aside from the fact I have little to no tolerance for idiots, fools, liars and stupidity. I don't tolerate people like that in real life, or in games or forums. I see no point in pandering to some idiots feelings when they won't get it anyway. If you don't like my bluntness oh well, I honestly don't give a damn what you like or don't like. You are only relevant to me, in this conversation, and other than that, you have no relevance to me in life or otherwise.

To many people worry about other peoples feelings "oh no, be nice to them or you might hurt their wittle feewins" (miss-spelled on purpose to make my point). If your emotions are so fragile that others can have an effect on you over a forum, a game, or in life, then something is seriously wrong with you and you need to HTFU (Harden The F* UP). I don't pander to that type of pansy ass mentality. Don't like it. To bad. I don't care.

~Captain Mando Rais Dewcap
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
1st... your statement implied one, it was not clear you were referring to two at any point, regardless of whether you mentioned two previously. Clear communication does not leave room for misunderstanding. So. Point and match.
If you look back to that post that mentions the '45mins', you'll see that I even put "and" in italics to help it stand out. "the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive". That's quite clearly 2.
Bear in mind that if I had done as you're suggesting now and said "45mins for 15mins of Holo Emitters", you'd be jumping on me saying "I thought you had 2, that's not 15mins, that's 30"...

Quote:
2nd... it's a computer program so it is NOT totally random. Even random number generator programs are not truly random without adding special perimeters to them such as basing the number off of atmospheric noise, etc. and can be predicted with enough time and effort put in to work out the algorithm they are using to 'randomly generate' their numbers.. If you knew anything about programming you would know this.

http://www.random.org/randomness/ (hope this explains it a bit better for you. I doubt cryptic went so far as to code in an atmospheric or quantum based RNG for their game table. So yes, it is possible that with enough work and effort, someone could crack the table. Though that is a topic for another conversation entirely.)
As you say, it'd be damn hard for someone to crack the table, especially while actually playing STO at the same time. So for the purposes of actually playing Dabo in STO, the numbers you choose and the numbers which turn up are random. If you use your programming knowledge, put the work in and manage to crack it, let me know, cos I'd be most interested to see you in action at the tables!

Quote:
3rd... If you got lucky early and won, fine. I have no problem with that. But the problem I do have is your statement that I failed to achieve what you did because I somehow sucked at Dabo or was doing something wrong. Your statement also implied that everyone should be able to make 135k at Dabo in 45 minutes or they must suck at it or are doing something wrong. Like I said above. You can neither suck or be good at Dabo and it's pretty hard to do it wrong (though only betting 10 EC per slot comes close, but even that isn't wrong). It's just a matter of averages and programming (of which I and others, have worked out the averages already).
"You must be doing something wrong!" was merely an ironic quip borne out of the surprise and amusement at how lucky I must have been, and how unlucky you must have been. Hence the exclamation mark to show the comment's flippancy. If that subtlety passed you by, I apologise for causing you a problem.
My statement didn't imply that everyone 'should' be able to make 135k in 45mins, merely that it is 'possible' for people to make that much. And it is possible. There were between 4-6 of us round our table while I was playing (accounting for players leaving and new players joining), and at least 3 of them got a 100k Dabo, and there were plenty lower Dabos, too. We'd all shout 'Dabo' and use the Dabo-emote whenever it happened. Much fun.

Quote:
4th... My personality has nothing to do with this conversation aside from the fact I have little to no tolerance for idiots, fools, liars and stupidity. I don't tolerate people like that in real life, or in games or forums. I see no point in pandering to some idiots feelings when they won't get it anyway. If you don't like my bluntness oh well, I honestly don't give a damn what you like or don't like. You are only relevant to me, in this conversation, and other than that, you have no relevance to me in life or otherwise.

To many people worry about other peoples feelings "oh no, be nice to them or you might hurt their wittle feewins" (miss-spelled on purpose to make my point). If your emotions are so fragile that others can have an effect on you over a forum, a game, or in life, then something is seriously wrong with you and you need to HTFU (Harden The F* UP). I don't pander to that type of pansy ass mentality. Don't like it. To bad. I don't care.

~Captain Mando Rais Dewcap
A person's personality affects all conversations they have. Maybe part of yours is that you don't notice the effect it has. And since I'm neither an idiot, a fool, a liar, or stupid, I guess we're good to go on debating this topic until the game gets pulled. You may not believe that I and some other players got lucky in a game of chance and that you didn't, but your absolute definite belief that I'm a liar just shows your ignorance.

And I never said you had an effect on me. I was merely pointing out how badly you come across in your posts.

~Vice Admiral Dack William Mason
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Sounds like the OP doesn't like Dabo because he is unlucky.

Personally I'm somewhat indifferent to it. I prefer to keep my gambling to something a little meaningful, like real money. But for what it is, it's okay.

Some people wanted Dabo and the developers gave it to them. Dabo was not created as a way to get holo emmitters; holo emmitter were just added as a little something of a reward for those who enjoy playing Dabo (or who had prototype consoles).
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveywavey View Post
If you look back to that post that mentions the '45mins', you'll see that I even put "and" in italics to help it stand out. "the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive". That's quite clearly 2.
Bear in mind that if I had done as you're suggesting now and said "45mins for 15mins of Holo Emitters", you'd be jumping on me saying "I thought you had 2, that's not 15mins, that's 30"...

As you say, it'd be damn hard for someone to crack the table, especially while actually playing STO at the same time. So for the purposes of actually playing Dabo in STO, the numbers you choose and the numbers which turn up are random. If you use your programming knowledge, put the work in and manage to crack it, let me know, cos I'd be most interested to see you in action at the tables!

"You must be doing something wrong!" was merely an ironic quip borne out of the surprise and amusement at how lucky I must have been, and how unlucky you must have been. Hence the exclamation mark to show the comment's flippancy. If that subtlety passed you by, I apologise for causing you a problem.
My statement didn't imply that everyone 'should' be able to make 135k in 45mins, merely that it is 'possible' for people to make that much. And it is possible. There were between 4-6 of us round our table while I was playing (accounting for players leaving and new players joining), and at least 3 of them got a 100k Dabo, and there were plenty lower Dabos, too. We'd all shout 'Dabo' and use the Dabo-emote whenever it happened. Much fun.

A person's personality affects all conversations they have. Maybe part of yours is that you don't notice the effect it has. And since I'm neither an idiot, a fool, a liar, or stupid, I guess we're good to go on debating this topic until the game gets pulled. You may not believe that I and some other players got lucky in a game of chance and that you didn't, but your absolute definite belief that I'm a liar just shows your ignorance.

And I never said you had an effect on me. I was merely pointing out how badly you come across in your posts.

~Vice Admiral Dack William Mason
Actually, I'm neither lucky or unlucky at Dabo. I'm in fact running right about average for the coded chance of the Table from what I and others have worked out. I did see personally someone make a 100k Dabo a cpl days ago but have been doing other things so haven't bothered with the table for a few days so haven't seen or observed anything else since.

It's been estimated that the average time to make 1 million GPL from the table is roughly 48 hours of play. This is of course doing it with no more than the 1k Dabo's and the occassional 15k Dabo, but nothing more than that. A few hours less if you 100k or 200k Dabo.

As for cracking it, I noticed something while playing and got some video of it and from what I saw when I slowed the video down, the Table doesn't actually stay the same as it spins. Just before it stops it shifts each wheel visual forward or backwards a few spots. I have the outer ring specifically in mind and am charting it's shifts first to see if it is in any way predictable.

If it is. Then the Table overall will be predictable, though you'd have to be bloody fast to calculate the positions you'd need to place your slots to make it work for you. So while it might be possible to predict it, feasibility would be the issue more than anything else.

On to the basics of your post. Overall, our conversation doesn't really matter anyway. I took your statement to mean one thing, you meant it another way, though there was some openness for interpretation of meaning there, and the typed word doesn't easily express nuances of meaning that the verbal word does so.. lets chalk that up to miss-communication, drop it and go on.

My overall personality IS pretty sour in general. I don't choose to be Politically Correct, as I see it as a waste of time, effort, and good sense. Say your mind, and if others don't like it, that is their problem and you deal with them accordingly.

Anyway, I'm off to go figure out why two of my Crown Tails and one of my Half Moons died a cpl days after breeding them. Water quality is fine, no unusual reactants that I can test for, and the plants in the tanks and other fish are doing fine so I'm left scritching my head as to why they would bubble nest, mate, egg up and then belly up. That's a topic for another conversation.

Fly Safe.

~Rear Admiral (LH) Mando Rais Dewcap
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
My overall personality IS pretty sour in general. I don't choose to be Politically Correct, as I see it as a waste of time, effort, and good sense. Say your mind, and if others don't like it, that is their problem and you deal with them accordingly.
By politically correct you actually mean polite.

On the bright side, if you spend more time at dabo you might manage to get 1 Half Moon and 2 Crown Tail emitters. Sadly they'll only last for 45 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khiy
By politically correct you actually mean polite.

On the bright side, if you spend more time at dabo you might manage to get 1 Half Moon and 2 Crown Tail emitters. Sadly they'll only last for 45 minutes.
LOL. Well. yeah basically I am not very polite in general. I tend to the blunt, don't mince words and to hell with what people think about it.

As for my Crown Tails and Half Moons (Those are breeds of Betta's for those who don't know) kicking the bucket. I discovered that the issue was over feeding. I'd feed them (as normal) and then my wife would feed them (thinking that I hadn't fed them yet). So they ate themselves to death.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey guys.

I've just discovered this dabo thing too and the time it takes is a grinidinggggggggly boring 45 minutes of my life and play time to get 40,000. Cos lets say I don't see why anyone would want to fly a freighter. people can't really be duped when they know what ships are available for fed at all tiers.

I don't see 15 mins worth a lot of grinding and seeing as getting most useful things takes 30 mins explorer/PvP missions for badges or couple days dailies for something that lasts forever. 15mins is rubbishhhh.

I hope my point is clear whether you agree or not I won't be coming back to check.

But I'm here to make a suggestion. make holo emitters last forever and make other races ships like romulan and such etc. because we have clans waiting for new factions which I don't believe cryptic will deliver but players could use such emitters to fly ships that look the way they want.
So it's a possible solution to some issues that would make ppl very happy and bring more variety to the game not to mention use to models that we miss as we rank up.

Hope this Idea gets some attention but as I stated I'm not interested in hearing peoples gripes with it or my opinion.
bye lads.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I concur with the OP. I was so POed when I got one on Tribble!!! I would have rather not learned about them to be frank. The entire system needs a big huge overhaul. They should be treated like the Breen nades. As it stands now I have not even bothered with the Dabo on the live server. Sad really....

BTW" If the ship is in game it SHOULD be available via the emitters. I so want to fly a warbird*!!!!

*even if it is only cosmetic.
Lt. Commander
# 30 What?
10-24-2010, 03:32 AM
This is a JOKE. They are not 'easy to obtain', it took hours of tedious Dabo, listening to that infuriating woman bleat on, only to find out it was going to be WORTHLESS by the end? It had NO mention it was a 'one time only' device. Word cannot say how annoyed I am.

Someone at Cryptic needs their head seeing to if they are allowing bad decisions like this to be passed. If nothing else, you owe us all another holo-emitter and one that says "expires after one use"... MISLEADING. ANNOYING. GRRRR.
Closed Thread