Lt. Commander
# 21
08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I guess where the seperation would be is in the interpretation of OPEN PVP. As I have seen it posted several hundred times, it would be all out Mayhem through out the Galaxy, with every player trying to kill every other player. If that is not your defenition of PVP, then there in lies the seperation between our thought paterns.
Open PvP to me is the ability of any player to initiate combat with any other player(s). Now, to grant credit to the point that not everyonge on the STO server wants to be part of PvP aspect, I have conceeded that there would need to be a means of signing up for the mayhem. At that point, let the meyhem begin.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbx001 View Post
Now, to grant credit to the point that not everyonge on the STO server wants to be part of PvP aspect, I have conceeded that there would need to be a means of signing up for the mayhem. At that point, let the meyhem begin.
This is the part that would become a serious issue with Total Open Space OPEN PVP. Very few people who want, (I should say, are demending), open PVP would honor other peoples wishes to not engage when chalanged.

I have seen it many times before. You would get people to start shooting without going through the process, and Feuids would start. Some player would come up behind another, and just start shooting without going through the chalenge process. "Get the edge while you can attitude".

I would agree that a sector, or several systems should be set aside for open pvp, but never the entire galaxy. That would be too much of a temptation to too many people who would miss use the oportunities given to them.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1
Whats the point i can never get into a pvp match because no one ever plays pvp
I fought in 18 matches yesterday.

Quote:
so Why link quests for valor points to pvp quests when we cant get any pvp , and if we do then its the same old boring gank and run match as for getting to VA Rank , cant see the point because i dont get anymore Valor points for purple gear
Gets your facts straight... it is Marks of Honor that you get via PvP Dailies... you get Marks of Valor from STF instances... but yes, you touch an issue that needs to get fixed: when we get to VA/LG, we have no way to keep making Marks of Honor and this is BAD and needs to change.

But PvP rocks in this game, in space at least, so just learn to play. And since the queues have been fixed, getting games is easy.

Quote:
still only a few more months till The old republic comes out cant wait
Don't let the turbo-lift door hit you on the way out. Oh, and can I have your stuff?