Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I continue to find mid-level missions and areas where my Commander is finding red-level anomalies, notably in and around Romulan space. For my crafting goals, I most need green tier 2 and blue tier 3 anomalies. I've bothered to submit a bug or two, but the problem is widespread enough that I wonder if bug-by-bug reports are helpful or not. My play time is limited, so I'd rather not spend all my time listing anomaly bugs unless there's some point to it.

It would help if I had some idea what the issue is and why these keep popping up. I could understand specific missions not having the right anomalies, but I thought some of the exploration maps were randomly generated and don't get why they continue to be bugged. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Also, what information would be most helpful to provide when I do run across this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Are you finding anomalies that only contain tier 1 crafting materials, or are you expecting that the low tier materials will stop dropping in the higher level areas?

I can tell you that doesn't happen. I'm currently doing Captain level missions around DS9 and I still sometimes get anomalies that only give tier 1 materials. I don't think the intention is that only useful materials will drop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munster1
Are you finding anomalies that only contain tier 1 crafting materials, or are you expecting that the low tier materials will stop dropping in the higher level areas?

I can tell you that doesn't happen. I'm currently doing Captain level missions around DS9 and I still sometimes get anomalies that only give tier 1 materials. I don't think the intention is that only useful materials will drop.
I am finding instances/missions where ALL of the anomalies are tier 1. I wouldn't mind an occasional non-useful drop, but even when I win the scanning minigames in those instances all I ever get are tier1's for every anomaly.

If that's the intention, I'm not sure how the current crafting system is reasonably workable. But other instances/missions seem to have what I would consider normal, level-appropriate drops so it isn't across the board.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I think I've had missions where only a few tier 1 materials have dropped, but I've also had missions where nothing but high tier materials drop. So if there is a bug it hasn't been working against me so far.

My sucess rate on the minigame is probably over 95%, and I was wondering if the amount of time left on the clock also affects the win.