Lt. Commander
First I want to thank Cryptic for putting Diplomatic missions and Diplomatic experience into the game. It breathes life back into those old Exploration Missions.

My only complaint is being RA5 when released; I was not awarded all the previous Diplomatic Experience from Patrol Missions that were completed a long time ago. Not sure why we canít have retro-active awards (since every mission, every BO assigned, every BO Promotion is listed under your Captains Log) but this is a constructive post.

First suggestion. Increase the Diplomatic Experience received from missions, from 10 to even 20 would be preferable, but maybe assign a greater amount of DXP for more difficult (involved) missions. I.e. No way should the Memory Alpha missions be more then 10, but the Vulcan, Bajor, and K-7 should be WAY more then 10 points. Or award a bonus DXP for correctly completing the missions the first time. On the same note, Aid the Planets could stay the same, but the beam down and run around missions, should be increased, even to like 15 DXP instead of 10.

Second suggestion. Add more patrol missions. Add them for Borg space and Undine Space. Donít make them all Diplomatic missions, but sprinkle a few in here and there. I know some people abhor these missions, but these were some of the best mission that I enjoyed while leveling. There was a variety; it wasnít just Space combat, ground combat, space combat and reward.

Third suggestion. Award Diplomatic Experience for some combat missions, now hear me out. Currently one explore mission has you approach a planet and are hailed. You are asked to eliminate the invaders on a planet. Now correct me if I am wrong, but if you do something at the behest of another race, arenít you being diplomatic? I would definitely look more favorably upon someone coming to rescue me if there were Borg outside my door and you risked your life to save me.

Fourth suggestion. Allow people to pick and choose which explore missions you receive. For example; I open a tab and have check boxes, I am required to choose 5 possible missions, these are missions I am guaranteed to get. Here is the catch, have them categorized. I.e. Diplomatic missions and combat missions. Allow 3 missions maximum to be chosen from either the Diplomatic side or the Combat Missions side. Then 2 must be selected from the opposite side.

I know, you are all saying, but it is unexplored region of space, its suppose to be random. How is it random that I get 3 Encounter missions in a row, 3 Combat Missions, and 3 Scan Anomalies in a row with no diplomatic missions? (True story, I was trying to get my last 10 DXP (one mission) for a level and entered mission after mission, and the previous example is what happened.)

Fifth suggestion. Award diplomatic experience for the Scan 5 anomalies explore mission. If non-combat is the definition of he Diplomatic Experience, there is no combat in these missions and you are not currently awarded DXP for them.

Currently, leveling up to Ambassador is long tedious grind. I am sure that some of it was intentional, after all, if people make ambassador within 30 seconds of logging in, a lot of hard work would be made inconsequential. However, not retroactively awarding DXP for missions and low points being awarded with large amounts of experience required makes the rewards not worth it. Several of my friends already said, that they are not going to do the grind, it isnít worth the effort required.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verem
Third suggestion. Award Diplomatic Experience for some combat missions, now hear me out. Currently one explore mission has you approach a planet and are hailed. You are asked to eliminate the invaders on a planet. Now correct me if I am wrong, but if you do something at the behest of another race, arenít you being diplomatic? I would definitely look more favorably upon someone coming to rescue me if there were Borg outside my door and you risked your life to save me.
I always get 10 Diplomatic Points for these types of combat missions.