Lt. Commander
I don't know if I'm in the right forum or not, but I just got back on STO the other day and had found out that the Reset Timers on all the Defend Encounters were gone. I was wondering what happened to them and was wondering if the Devs of STO would bring them back? Its kinda frustrating not knowing how long you have to wait there when you can do something else, but when I change instances....its the same waiting game. I wish the devs would bring back the timer, it was worth it when you knew when to get ready for combat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
The reset timers are still on Fleet Actions so I'm not sure why they're gone from DSE's. I just figured they were gone to stop players from jumping instances. If so, it's probably promoting more jumping to find an instance that is already active, as apposed to finding an instance that has an unknown short wait.

Personally, I'd love to see the timers back aswell. It's always nice to know how long I've got left to tackle an enemy flagship. (I suck at space combat and need all the time I can get :p)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I reported a bug right after the patch that caused this. Maybe it's intentional, so you don't know how much time you have to go after the flagship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2010, 03:25 AM
If they done it to prevent instance jumping... well they failed at least at me.

Since the timers are gone, I'm jumping from instance to instance to look for an active instance instead of waiting - let's say 1:30min for the instance to reset.