Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
I'm weird like that.

In a perfect world I could get everything for free, however I do understand that when it comes down to basic matters it's money that makes the world go round. Well that and the kinetic energy from over 5 billion years ago when our solar system was created and swung our blue marble in orbit around a hot ball of gas.
Know the second thing that is needed to keep customers and make more money?

Decent customer service. You can charge whatever you want but if people get tired of the antics you can bet, there is another company, another MMO title that will treat customers just a little better.

Many MMO gamers do not leave the current MMO title because they "jump around." They leave because customer service is lacking. In this case it is about loot.

For example: New level cap, but sorry loot tables are broken with this patch...can only get batteries.

Grats, mark 11 gear is fixed now....it looks JUST like your Mark 10 gear. BTW on the C-store we have the latest and greatest ship up for sale! We'd love to make it free, but we couldn't fit it into our schedule. We are busy making content that has no actual rewards tied to it.

Instead of making content with USEFUL loot/rewards they take a shortcut: don't give them loot at all! Just sell it on the C-store instead!

It is horrible that the thing everyone is RAVING about in the game is the newest ship: The Excelsior instead of the new content. You know why? It is because content is a one and DONE sort of experience. Nobody is going to even remember it a week from now. The ship is something tangible, you can touch it....I bet you anything if that ship ws tied to some group mission, everyone would be talking bout the awesome missions and the lead up to that group mission...because it had something WORTH obtaining. A reason to do it.

As it stands there isn't anything worth talking about except the latest and greatest in the C-store. Like I said, you can bet it leaves a bitter taste in a customers mouth and when there is always a new MMO around the corner I promise, customer service is what will "make them more money" otherwise, don't expect many of us to be still playing to support this kind of customer abuse.