Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Patching 1.x to 2.0 turned off the "Framerate Stabilizer" and "Auto-Framerate Stabilizer" options under the "Trouble Shooting" section of the Video Options. Try turning them back on.
I gave that a shot, didn't work.

Facing somewhere round the same problems as OP. Flip-book lagging, can't really walk anywhere... Trapped on Earth Spacedock.
Worked until a few days ago, I was hanging out on the Drozana station, playing Dabo, and the brick-ton of lag just fell on my head. Now it takes several minutes to get through the ATARI loading screen, and twice that long to log into my character.
I'm unfortunately not a lifetime subscriber, so these problems are quite the...... problem.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Some observations
08-15-2010, 09:43 AM
I too have been having this happen and thought at first it was my rig (gaming laptop with Crossfire ATI 4870s).

Experimenting several things came to light:

It did start with a recent patch.

it seems fine coming into the game, but "starts" usually with some kind of dialogue being presented, either a vendor or in combat item pickup, etc.

Clicking post-processing on and off, or dynamic lighting will correct it temporarily. I think it is doing some kind of graphic reset that players alt-tabbing are accomplishing as well.

I normally run with everything turned up, and only the distances (percentages) for detail effects reduced down somewhat.

I also play Champion Online (more actually) and don't experience this problem, it is some problem with that latest patching. It could also be related to laptop cards specifically since driver versions there often lag, but it sounds like desktop users are also having this problem.

Please Cryptic, fix this problem, it is easy to reproduce!
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the advice, but whatever they did in the forthcoming Tribble patch has solved the problem. Right now, Holodeck is still borked for me, but when i try tribble out, my cards run just fine again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Haven't even patched Tribble yet. Maybe I'll give it a try, so long as the lag isn't as much of an issue as in Holodeck.

Yea, S2 was great until about a day in when the lag just.. happened.
As of recently, can no longer run Holodeck at all-- just don't have the patience necessary to get past that Atari loading screen. Takes a half an hour to even open up the toon screen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-16-2010, 03:49 AM
I've tried the game with the current patch as of the time I am posting this, with both an ATI and an nVidia card (both with latest drivers) and after playing around with various settings in the video options, I am not noticing any problems with stuttering graphics (this was tested on two systems, both Windows 7 64-bit with all the updates installed and both machines had 4 GB of RAM and multicore CPUs, one a dual core and one a quad-core).
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I too am getting a lot more freezing/stuttering on ground maps & stations. I have an Nvidia 470, and certainly never got this kind of stuttering when I last played a month or so ago
Lt. Commander
# 17 I have the same prob
08-23-2010, 02:59 PM
I am having the same problem with the performance. Never had this problem before. 3-4 minutes into the game its fine but then comes the unplayable frame rate. When this happens it lasts for about 2 minutes then goes back to normal and repeats itself. DEVS FIX THIS ISSUE please I cant play like this...
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Having the same problem, driving me nuts....
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi guys, couple of things you might try:

First, to the OP, check inside your tower and see if the cooling fan on your graphics card is still turning. I'm not taking the **** out of you, I had the same problem you were describing and ended up replacing the graphics card because the fan had all but melted.

Second for people with less severe symptoms, I've noticed this latest patch on August 19th has hit performance slightly. I've also noticed that since this patch the audio setting "Digital Signal Processing" was enabled. I know from messing about with the same setting in Windows that it's a performance hog, at least on my system with a basic model SB-Audigy sound card. So if you haven't spent big bucks on a sound card then turning this off might help you too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Since the server maintenance downtime , i constantly freeze ingame , no matter what i do.
I have one VA that has been bugged for months and ticket has not once been answered. Now this problem since maintenance......... always problems always STO....

Im probably not going to log a ticket as they get totally ignored so what options do i have now?

This game really doesnt seem to like Nvidea , ive seen endless moans fron Nvidea users , they really should make it clear the game probably will have problems for Nvidea users.

Anyone else have issues since the maintenance they done?