Lt. Commander
# 1 Holodeck / Tribal / FULL PVP
08-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Can we get another "shard" that is full PvP anywere all the time. WITH the ability to transfer characters from the holodeck shard to the PvP shard (this is a must!)...

If you don't want to worry about getting ganked DON'T make a character on the PvP shard. Consentual enough??

I understand that flying around deep space might still not have combat, but all the zones you instance into (star base one, ds9, patrol systems, enemy contacts, diplomatic missions, etc.) should be free game. And klingons should be able to access the whole universe to test thier battle skills, like in the warzones.

Space needs to be intimidating!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2010, 05:00 PM
That woul d be to COOL !

I dear not ask that when I doubt we'll ever see just a small open pvp area.

But we can HOPE.

You have my support good luck and Tribble may be unable to correct.

( But we get it )
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Have you considered that splitting the PvP population by forcing people to choose between free PvP and staying with their friends might just cause PvP on both servers to die outright from lack of critical mass?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Have you considered that splitting the PvP population by forcing people to choose between free PvP and staying with their friends might just cause PvP on both servers to die outright from lack of critical mass?

Have you considered that splitting PvP my cause more people to come BACK to play the game?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 05:52 PM
The Star Trek galaxy map we are currently working off is far too large for there to be any form of fun PvP. What you would end up with is people randomly flying around locations hoping to find someone. Or even worse camping outside of Qo'Nos and Sol.

Open PvP needs to be in area restricted locations so that it doesn't hinder those gamers who do not want to participate in it. We have the so called neutral sector now which would prove to be great although for it to work openly they would need the current sector space to be completely different. Something more akin to EVE for example where you are stuck in a vast expanse of emptyness and you pass the various planets and whatnot.

Even then it would probably be too large an area for how many people are actively playing and willing to join in. The more confined the space for 'open' PvP the more intense action you are going to get. It also increases the odds of being able to just jump into that location knowing there will be PvP instead of a wild goose hunt.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Sparkeh86

I agree, but IF thay did do a whole sever, I would not complain.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-25-2010, 07:24 PM
ok lets clear up one issue here.

the PvP shard would still have the PvE world and missions.

also the transfer sytstem would only be allowed 1 time per character slot available to you or something so that eventually it would become one of two servers. and stand on its own.

no difficulty slider as enemy engagments should just be what they are and the pvp would add the flavor..

lastly, factions are only worth a damn if you can invade and cause mayhem against your enemy faction..
why even introduce that word faction to something that is clearly designed as something completely difrent than that... klingongs are almost a "hey youve played through as a fed now try a klingon with their diffrent BO set-ups and nostop grinding"

but ya to sum it all up open pvp in a small instanced area is not OPEN... its just people asking for 100vs 100 fleet vs fleet... which would be great but lets be hontest thats a bit of a leap if you think about it...

a open pvp shard is essential to any faaction based mmo.

and yes i would love to invade qu nos and destroy the countless little lowlifes untill they switched toons and called on back-up from fleet members and its a epic battle like people want... oh and a good fleet action reward for blowing up the planet (or starbase one) would be great. something like random loot drop per team within range of the area or something. have this also unlock ONE "special" mission available to only the faction that has destroyed the opposing factions base... (if both sides destroy the other teams base a 2 part "special" mission could be unlocked were the winning faction of the first "special" mission gets to go for the 2nd "special" mission...

ideas are easy to come by but the thing that counts is how its implemented... i would be happy with open world pvp in instanced zones and for there to be far less instanced zones (as in mayb only 50 starbase ones.....)
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Not going to happen.