Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
They've gotta change the respawn point mechanic.

I just got done beating Fed's 15-0, and it was unfair and ridiculous. Basically, the team just camped at the respawn point, and blasted each ship as it respawned. No wonder it's hard to get Fed's to queue up for PvP. (at least it seems it is; when I switch to my Fed VA, there never seems to be Klingons queued up!)

What's worse, the map has a whole bunch of those 'spawnign portals.' Why can't we respawn from several on the one side, not just a single one? That way, the enemy wouldn't know where ships would respawn, and if they try and camp at all 2 or 3 on that side, they'd be too spread out.

Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
it used to be random but the devs messed up me thinks & yes iv gotta agree it needs to be random again.
it is sad to see those poor feddybears all flappin in the wind without there fedball ...
ops maybe infraction time again
Lt. Commander
# 3 It makes me feel dirty...
08-24-2010, 04:46 PM
It would be nice to see this fixed. It's funny though, sometimes it's a slaughter but others it's a huge advantage. The people respawning have no travel distance and have the potential to be fresher when they reengage. I'm certainly not defending the screwed up respawn mechanics, I'm just saying that there have been many occasions where it has hurt the attacking team more so than the ones who got rushed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
It would be nice to see this fixed. It's funny though, sometimes it's a slaughter but others it's a huge advantage. The people respawning have no travel distance and have the potential to be fresher when they reengage. I'm certainly not defending the screwed up respawn mechanics, I'm just saying that there have been many occasions where it has hurt the attacking team more so than the ones who got rushed.
Indeed. If you can withstand the initial attack and manage to kill a couple of KDF ships then the spawn point is your advantage as Klingons have to travel about 60km to come back into the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Happened twice tonight. On a team of Klingons, who gradually work their way to the portal, and alpha-strike ships as they spawn.

Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2010, 07:40 PM
im not saying it is good, but one problem is most feds just sit at their spawn point.

it is very easy to move to the center of the map if you dont want to get spawn camped. or as already said if you survive the alpha it actually helps you. If i was on the fed side i would love to be spawning right back to my team.

But the respawn mechanic needs to be fixed so it is random respawn points again.