Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I ran a search on this, but there were just way too many threads to sift through...

Is there any news on why VA1's can't get the Daily PVP Mission for Starbase K7 items? Marks of Honor can no longer be earned at this time if you're VA1, and the new Mk XI gear items are mediocre at best. I'd rather get more [CritH] [CritD] x2 gear as opposed to [Acc] [CritD] [Cmd] items.

Is this a know bug, or an intentional design issue?

EDIT: I know this probably belongs in the PVP section, but the issue is specific to the Feds side...
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Also since VA can't do these missions, and the new VA PVP dailies don't count for them, the following accolades are now unobtainable:

Frayed
Frayed and Frantic
Frenzied by the Fray

First Blood
House Warrior
<Not sure what the third one is called>

Neutral Zone Novice
Neutral Zone Veteran
Neutral Zone Master
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Please reply in this thread if you have a VA1 that wishes to start earning Marks of Honor again. As far as I know, certain items such as very rare Covariant Shields Mk X [Cap]x3 are only available at Starbase K7 through the daily RA pvp missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2010, 12:57 AM
I'd like to be able to bag marks of honor again. I got all the ones I needed for what I wanted, but I'm not sure where I stand on the accolades, and if I want to experiment with different things the door is currently closed for my VA1. For the rest, I will wind up staying below VA1 until I get enough marks for what I want...which does seem just fundamentally wrong to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Cryptic, is there any update on this issue?

I'd REALLY like to start earning Medals of Honor again instead of these lackluster Emblems...
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
It feels like the game is over when you reach VA1. You don't accrue anything and there's nothing left to do but some dailies and PvP.

-R-R
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Ramjet12 View Post
It feels like the game is over when you reach VA1. You don't accrue anything and there's nothing left to do but some dailies and PvP.

-R-R
I agree with the above if you've managed to finish all the raidisodes as well. Although I've already hit VA1 with my tactical, I've only finished Infected

I still want to get access to the LA5 daily PVP quests again... shutting out VA1's from them makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-25-2010, 08:32 PM
To the op . I reached va1 on the first day of s2 launch thinking I could do the dailies also.. I submitted the trouble ticket and cryptic replied stating that it is as it should be .. just for FYI
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWiggles24 View Post
To the op . I reached va1 on the first day of s2 launch thinking I could do the dailies also.. I submitted the trouble ticket and cryptic replied stating that it is as it should be .. just for FYI
I'm calling B.S. on Cryptic, simply because both the VA1 B'Train Marks of Exploration and Emblem Daily's are concurrently active. It would be a simple matter for Cryptic to unlock already-existing Marks of Honor PvP Daily Code to include VA1's. If they are unwilling to do so, then they should at least allow players to trade in Emblems for Marks of Honor, since the bulk of Emblem weapons have inferior stats to their K7 counterparts.

We need more people actually posting about this ongoing issue if they want to see Cryptic take any real action. Until then, those VA1's who didn't get their Covariant Shields Mk X [Cap] x3 or any other K7-exclusive items are SOL. Another option: Make Mk XI versions of the K7 items. The latter may not be ideal, but at least it will show that Cryptic is actually listening...
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I agree. Im quite aggravated about not being able to ever purchase anything from K7 again. I had a fleet mate that was 1 Mark of Honor short for a shield he wanted and found himself shafted...

Cryptic, what are you all doing? It almost seems that with each patch, the game gets screwed up worse instead of getting better.