Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
08-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Very nice!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
08-25-2010, 09:22 AM
I saw the Dev tracker, came into this thread... the OP in his post correctly described (first sentence even! good job!) his nice looking chart, but, since none of the ships I fly are on the chart, the thread should be renamed to what the OP said: "Graphical Federation Ship Tier Chart" instead of "STO Graphics Ship Chart". I pay for STO, I come in here looking for my ships also, but none are there. Yet another example of people assuming STO = Federation only. Since STO is Federation only, all KDF players should be able to play for free, perhaps?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
08-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
all KDF players should be able to play for free, perhaps?
Or perhaps you should be more than yet another whiny Klink player and provide some screen shots instead? Or get a clue and wait till CapnLogan has finished up polishing your models and adding new ships?
In the meantime there´s still Suricata´s pic.

Spidey I recommend you put this screenshot request in your first post. Looks like hardly anybody can be bothered to read threads anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admldep0282 View Post
dude you got the wrong excelsior the one you have up is the lakota/enterprise B design not the original excelsior
Very nice chart.

I would suggest leaving room next to the Tier 2 cruisers for the "Search for Spock" Excelsior for when it's released. The one you currently have on the chart is the Tier 5 "refit" Excelsior based on the Enterprise-B/Lakota model. So, just change "Search for Spock" to "Excelsior Refit" or something.

Regardless, great job!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
Very nice chart.

I would suggest leaving room next to the Tier 3 cruisers for the "Search for Spock" Excelsior for when it's released. The one you currently have on the chart is the Tier 5 "refit" Excelsior based on the Enterprise-B/Lakota model. So, just change "Search for Spock" to "Excelsior Refit" or something.

Regardless, great job!
Just wanted to post the same. The Excelsior shown is the Lakota-Refit, not the original design.

Nevertheless, your chart is a definite must-have!
Many thanks for putting all the work into it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
This looks pretty awesome. Thinking about shipping it off to a poster company and having them make a six foot long version I can put on my wall or something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
08-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2
That isn't the "Search for Spock" Excelsior. That is the Ent-B/Lakota type Excelsior. The fins on the Nacelles and Deflector and the Two extra impulse engines give it away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
Very nice chart.

I would suggest leaving room next to the Tier 2 cruisers for the "Search for Spock" Excelsior for when it's released. The one you currently have on the chart is the Tier 5 "refit" Excelsior based on the Enterprise-B/Lakota model. So, just change "Search for Spock" to "Excelsior Refit" or something.

Regardless, great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLance
Just wanted to post the same. The Excelsior shown is the Lakota-Refit, not the original design.

Nevertheless, your chart is a definite must-have!
Many thanks for putting all the work into it!
You're welcome! I'm glad everyone's enjoying it; even had a couple of Devs give kudos on it! That's just too cool! Okay, so just uploaded v2-7 of the chart. I've moved the Retrofit Lakota / Ent-b to the proper tier... Just waiting on the official word on the stats before solidifying it. Added the 'classic' Excelsior to the Cmd level tier under the 'special ships' catagory. And for anyone interested, here's my reasoning behind that decision:
I'm not sure if they're going to do additional Commander-level ships, other than the Advanced Heavy Cruiser - and if so, will their parts be interchangeable with any other ships? Or, will they be something completely separate like the Adv Heavy Cruiser & Dreadnaught? For now, it's going to be remain in the "Special Ships" row, and if additional ships do come out (like say a Advanced Heavy Escort, or Advanced Research Science Vessel, I may add an additional Commander tier column).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermitch View Post
You're welcome! I'm glad everyone's enjoying it; even had a couple of Devs give kudos on it! That's just too cool! Okay, so just uploaded v2-7 of the chart. I've moved the Retrofit Lakota / Ent-b to the proper tier... Just waiting on the official word on the stats before solidifying it. Added the 'classic' Excelsior to the Cmd level tier under the 'special ships' catagory. And for anyone interested, here's my reasoning behind that decision:
I'm not sure if they're going to do additional Commander-level ships, other than the Advanced Heavy Cruiser - and if so, will their parts be interchangeable with any other ships? Or, will they be something completely separate like the Adv Heavy Cruiser & Dreadnaught? For now, it's going to be remain in the "Special Ships" row, and if additional ships do come out (like say a Advanced Heavy Escort, or Advanced Research Science Vessel, I may add an additional Commander tier column).
Spider, nice job, whats the ETA on Klingon ships in this chart?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
I saw the Dev tracker, came into this thread... the OP in his post correctly described (first sentence even! good job!) his nice looking chart, but, since none of the ships I fly are on the chart, the thread should be renamed to what the OP said: "Graphical Federation Ship Tier Chart" instead of "STO Graphics Ship Chart". I pay for STO, I come in here looking for my ships also, but none are there. Yet another example of people assuming STO = Federation only. Since STO is Federation only, all KDF players should be able to play for free, perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
Or perhaps you should be more than yet another whiny Klink player and provide some screen shots instead? Or get a clue and wait till CapnLogan has finished up polishing your models and adding new ships?
In the meantime there´s still Suricata´s pic.

Spidey I recommend you put this screenshot request in your first post. Looks like hardly anybody can be bothered to read threads anymore.
Thanks for the suggestion; I may just have do that. However, I did want to address what Sabre9 is saying about the title of this thread. I intentionally posted this thread with the name "STO Graphical Ship Chart by SpiderMitch". I did this because I fully intend on creating both a Federation and Klingon graphical ship chart. I wasn't sure, however, if there would be a huge demand for it. Suddenly as this thread got attention, many people were asking for a Klingon version. I started working on it, when it was brought up that they're going back and remodeling alot of the ships, so it would be wasteful to do it right now. Besides, I need to get my Orion slave girl off her bum and go level up something fierce to get these pics.... That is.... unless someone would be so kind as to post them
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
08-26-2010, 12:22 AM
This BEAUTIFUL spidermitch! Amazing Job!!!

Thanks for sharing your Mad Skillz with us!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 AM.