Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
good morning or night, no idea where your at, would you mind looking over these questions and answering the ones you see fit.

1, where do you see the kdf in 5 months time.

2,do you intend to introduce crafting to the kdf as its been mentioned that a huge update is coming to crafting and if not what do you intend to implement on the kdf side to give them a similar option.

3,are you going to unlock some of the zones for kdf players like the romy zones and the cardasian zones so we can see the universe and some of the planets and enemy contacts and maybe let us into the fleet actions there.

4,as it was stated kdf was intended to be a pve faction but upon the timing to release it wasnt ready as such and was released as a pvp faction, what timescale do you see it to become more inline with the federation and what is your personal vision of what the kdf should be and be able togo.

5,as there is very limited information on the actual full zones of what the Kdf actually control do you feel that maybe you have a free license to create new never seen before areas below what is the neutral zone and the kdf only zone and give kdf some more content within those zones.

6, do you think it would be possible to actually give us real explorer missions like the feds get and also do you think it would be an idea to give the kdf enemy contacts like the feds have and the kdf later get contact with in gamma sector where you can join it and meet random people in the same instances rather then being in your own instance through a cluster.

7, are you going to introduce Diplomatic ranks and missions to the kdf

8,do you feel like you yourself are a KDF warrior at heart.


if anyone else has any sensible questions and not rag rages please put em below incase he decides to answer them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-26-2010, 01:35 AM
as far as diplomatic.. i believe the klingons see themselves as more the military police of the galaxy... moving in on suspected enemies and traitors, and galactic no-gooders (from their point of view)... taking them, interrogating, seizing assets, challenging them, taking them to trial, and then, if necessary using full military force to undermine their efforts. then on the other side.. they take on anyone that questions them personally or as a species/race. if there were diplomatic missions, i think it would run more along the lines of this idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
good morning or night, no idea where your at, would you mind looking over these questions and answering the ones you see fit.

1, where do you see the kdf in 5 months time.

2,do you intend to introduce crafting to the kdf as its been mentioned that a huge update is coming to crafting and if not what do you intend to implement on the kdf side to give them a similar option.

3,are you going to unlock some of the zones for kdf players like the romy zones and the cardasian zones so we can see the universe and some of the planets and enemy contacts and maybe let us into the fleet actions there.

4,as it was stated kdf was intended to be a pve faction but upon the timing to release it wasnt ready as such and was released as a pvp faction, what timescale do you see it to become more inline with the federation and what is your personal vision of what the kdf should be and be able togo.

5,as there is very limited information on the actual full zones of what the Kdf actually control do you feel that maybe you have a free license to create new never seen before areas below what is the neutral zone and the kdf only zone and give kdf some more content within those zones.

6, do you think it would be possible to actually give us real explorer missions like the feds get and also do you think it would be an idea to give the kdf enemy contacts like the feds have and the kdf later get contact with in gamma sector where you can join it and meet random people in the same instances rather then being in your own instance through a cluster.

7, are you going to introduce Diplomatic ranks and missions to the kdf

8,do you feel like you yourself are a KDF warrior at heart.
1. KDF will have more ships, better customization options, possibly a new species, folding wings on ships, and a bevvy of new Feature Series missions and dailies to run. To me thats an improvement from where they are now.

2. I've made it clear to the team that if we introduce unique items to Memory Alpha, the KDF needs a way to obtain those same items. If it isn't their own version of memory alpha then it needs to be some other way of earning them.

3. We were discussing opening up more zone for the KDF last week. I'd like to see more sectors around their homeworld opened up, and I definitely want to see a "neutral" star cluser when we do exploration sector revamp. Opening up all the sectors to KDF will be a long process - it is a lot of scoping work.

4. I'd like to see more players playing the KDF, and that means getting more data on what the existing (small) number of Klingon players want, and polling people who don't want to play klingons to find out what would draw them into playing the faction. Making the KDF more appealing is a tricky prospect and has many solutions... my goal is to find the right solution for longterm KDF viability.

5. yes.

6. yes - see #3

7. doubtful it would be the same "diplomatic" system as the feds. I'd rather see something entirely unique to the KDF such as house vs. house ranking

8. Whenever I'm in game creating content or playtesting, I'm doing it as my Klingon character. That should tell you something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
8. Whenever I'm in game creating content or playtesting, I'm doing it as my Klingon character. That should tell you something.
I know what your saying.... You like the Orion Slave girl outfits like the rest of us.... Well played sir, well played.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
I know what your saying.... You like the Orion Slave girl outfits like the rest of us.... Well played sir, well played.
Now i imagine a klingon warrior in a bikini. Thanks for the mental picture. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-26-2010, 01:40 AM
great, thanks for the answers, you just answered more then 4 months of rumors and dreams have. personally i would say alot of what keeps players off kdf is that it feels like a great grind, also we feel limited on where we can go, we see the same 2 sectors more or less for most of the game, we love pvp of course and maybe an openzone free for all area where it doesnt matter if your a kdf vs fed or kdf vs kdf or fed vs fed in that zone your as much likly going to get killed as anyone else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-26-2010, 02:08 AM
If you answered questions like this in the actual KDF section, it'd go a long way to boosting faction morale.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-26-2010, 02:09 AM
For Klingon non-combat content may I suggest participating in their judicial system as defenders or prosecutors, since that's pretty much the meat of anything we've ever seen on the klingon side that's non-warrior caste related. Let them argue to their hearts content.

Or maybe let them become master thespians, performing the finest works of Shakespeare. In the 25th century perhaps klingons have moved on to ballet now and we can let them throw out some performances of Swan Lake and the Nutcracker Suite. Perhaps they've discovered the collected works of Andrew Lloyd Weber... all in the original Klingon of course.

Also, as to what would get "me" to play klingons, pretty much nothing. The Gorn I'm leveling now is basically just to see what the other side has got. It's not b/c I think the klingon content is bad (the few missions they have I think are actually a little better than most of what the Feds have), or that there is anything in particular that I'm looking for in the faction. I just hate klingons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
For Klingon non-combat content may I suggest participating in their judicial system as defenders or prosecutors, since that's pretty much the meat of anything we've ever seen on the klingon side that's non-warrior caste related. Let them argue to their hearts content.

Or maybe let them become master thespians, performing the finest works of Shakespeare. In the 25th century perhaps klingons have moved on to ballet now and we can let them throw out some performances of Swan Lake and the Nutcracker Suite. Perhaps they've discovered the collected works of Andrew Lloyd Weber... all in the original Klingon of course.

Also, as to what would get "me" to play klingons, pretty much nothing. The Gorn I'm leveling now is basically just to see what the other side has got. It's not b/c I think the klingon content is bad (the few missions they have I think are actually a little better than most of what the Feds have), or that there is anything in particular that I'm looking for in the faction. I just hate klingons.
IŽd say Klingons would take the Nutcracker part too serious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-26-2010, 02:13 AM
Defenetly a good read.. now to see it come to action

One question the folding wings.. will that be an ability so we can do it manually? Because that would rock.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.