Lt. Commander
# 51
08-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Maybe 'a' isnt "bindable"?

Its used for manouvering, and binds there might be disabled.
Another thing I did not think about- ty.
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Can anyone suggest for me how to set up a keybind bind to the "f" key so that I can "fire all weapons" and balance my shields at the same time? Please and thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Maybe 'a' isnt "bindable"?

Its used for manouvering, and binds there might be disabled.
I know on ground you can re-bind the Q and E keys even though they are movement keys, so I think A is still bindeable. Granted I had rebound Q->A and E->D when I started out using the GUI first, so Q and E were blank. Maybe that could have been what made it work. But my gut feel is you can bind it fine.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Can anyone suggest for me how to set up a keybind bind to the "f" key so that I can "fire all weapons" and balance my shields at the same time? Please and thanks.
I do this with my space bar. First, move your "balance shields" to a slot on your tray. I use the last slot on my 1st tray, the one with the "0" key (Tray 0, Slot 9 in bind nomenclature). Then do this:

/bind f "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 9"

That will fire phases and then balance shields.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Is there a macro to call a target in team chat using my currently targeted enemy?

If so it would be mightily handy.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Is there a macro to call a target in team chat using my currently targeted enemy?

If so it would be mightily handy.
All you do is bind to a key a command to say something in team chat. The trick is that "$target" in a chat gets swapped with the name of your target.

/bind g "team FOCUS ON: $target"

Hit G while attacking me, and it'll say in team chat "FOCUS ON: James" .

Likewise you can use it for heals as well, like "team Extend Shields on $target , stay within 5k".
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
I do this with my space bar. First, move your "balance shields" to a slot on your tray. I use the last slot on my 1st tray, the one with the "0" key (Tray 0, Slot 9 in bind nomenclature). Then do this:

/bind f "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 9"

That will fire phases and then balance shields.
Ambience, thank you so much! This should be exactly what I need (I'll test when I get home and let ya know how it goes).

Incidentally, I like the F button for (F)ire all weapons. And since I'm on ASD anyways, pressing the F with my index finger is easy/comfortable. It's got that handy "Home Key" nub on it too, so when I move my hand/fingers to other keys, it's easy/quick for a touch typist like me to get back to Firing. Plus, I find the my keyboard makes a louder sound (compared to the F at least, which is nigh silent).

But, yeah, anyway, THANKS!!
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
You can also use this:

/bind f "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +power_exec distribute_shields"

And you don't have to move any power.
Lt. Commander
Excellent information...so exactly where do I enter in these bind commands? Is there a specific folder to type them in? Is there a specific command to type them under?
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
You can also use this:

/bind f "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +power_exec distribute_shields"

And you don't have to move any power.
Ambience and Pendra - Thank you both for your help. I tried both versions and they worked great!!! I ended up and went with Pendra's version as it saved the tray slot (no offence Ambience). I appreciate it guys!
Closed Thread