Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I will never understand people's hatred for the C-Store.

Do yourself a favor and checkout the Champions Online C-Store
http://www.champions-online.com/store

Cryptics been doing the whole "sell costumes for real money" for a while now. I don't know why anyone thought STO would be different. Same company, same business model.

C-Store items are purely optional and are in no way required to play the game.

The folks who make C-Store items are artists, not programmers, and couldn't spend time running through code and picking out bugs anymore than a painter could be expected to inspect the building he's painting for building-code violations.

As for playtesting, thats what the Tribble server is for (sort of).

I know you're all frustrated with the bugs. But complaining doesn't help. Notify Cryptic of bugs you notice and sit tight. They're adding content and patches all the time and have long lists of fixes in the works.

It's cool guys. Chill.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Check out the Galaxy-X and the new T5 Excelsior and you will see how the C-Store is moving beyond Costumes and into early Uber-ships. But I suppose that is not greed to you....funny how Greed never exists in a Capitalist mindset isn't it? All hail the migthy dollar *slobbers*

Many of us have been 'sitting tight' since OB. Frankly, I am tired of sitting down and politely asking/waiting for Cryptic to polish this turd
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
Check out the Galaxy-X and the new T5 Excelsior and you will see how the C-Store is moving beyond Costumes and into early Uber-ships. But I suppose that is not greed to you....
The stats make the T5 Excelsior sound more like a skin, the trans warp thing really isn't an uber weapon.
I've blown apart enough Galaxy-Xs in PvP to know it's not even close to an uber-ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
...funny how Greed never exists in a Capitalist mindset isn't it?
Real greed would be if they never put the Galaxy X on the C-Store a kept letting people use the referral program to buy 5 copys of the game and 5 new subs to get the ship for 250 bucks. I think they should have. People are stupid enough to pay for this crap, why stop them?