Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
You mean like the teir 3 version that everyone can fly at no cost....?
Does it have a high level tac BO slot?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
I think someone needs to shut their cake- hole.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-26-2010, 03:13 PM
If what the PvP'ers are saying is true about the Excelsior, and it's become a pay to have a leg up in PvP, then thats directly against the stated rules around the C-store that the dev's have voiced. If they make it available through merits, then it's not so bad because theres another way to get the ship in-game for no additional cost to the user.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogdog View Post
Does it have a high level tac BO slot?
No, it does not.

But if you want to fly around the excelsior in game you have a non c-store option, thats my point.

Everyone who keeps up on this game knew this was going into the c-store regardless, I think this is a good compromise on cryptic part. This ship should of been ingame from the start but it wasn't, thats a fact.

If you want to fly it competitively at Teir 5 you can buy it if you want but again if you want to fly the excelsior ingame you do have a version obtainable with in game means.

Edit: horrible phrasing on my part
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
If what the PvP'ers are saying is true about the Excelsior, and it's become a pay to have a leg up in PvP, then thats directly against the stated rules around the C-store that the dev's have voiced. If they make it available through merits, then it's not so bad because theres another way to get the ship in-game for no additional cost to the user.

the ship is different, not better.

should it be available via emblems then i would agree with that
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Believe me after using it in PVP it is not any better than any ship, as a matter of fact it seems it is worse.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not willing to pay to get it, so i'll never know @ Revo

I do think 500 emblems IS unreasonable, but w/e lol. Merit would be a better measure IMO. It almost seems like the ships themselves are the gear sets in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Tac slot or not, bottom line is that the Excelsior is a superior boat to just about anything the Klingons can muster, and will be superior to anything not purchased outside the C-store, thus making it important, and give Excelsior captains an edge in PVP.

This is something almost all MMO's strive to avoid- unbalancing inter-player combat in favor of those who spend more money. It's insulting to players in a free to play game, but understandable in order to generate revenues.

In a fee per month game though, priced the same as any other MMO, its inexcusable.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
well in defense of my Excelsior. I think a few hours it a little to soon to be taking the PVPers words on it just yet.. PVPers are the ones that are quick to scream nerf when they lose. ( it's like that in any game.. it's not my skill, it that over powered { name here } ) In truth they need to look at adapting to the new ship...

Now if they are still saying this in a week or so, then they to take a look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I am not at all surprised that a money maker for them (excelsior) happened to come out before bug fixes and new content that has been discussed.

Dstahl told me in a previous thread that certain teams just get their stuff out first.

It just always seems to be the stuff that puts a few more coins in atari's pocket.