Lt. Commander
# 21
08-26-2010, 05:07 PM
5 missions and a ship you can't fly till you've completed 99% of the games content?

And if funds from the C-Store weer meant for new content, then why is the newest ship a C-store item and not just new content?

Becuase it polled at #1 on the most wanted ship poll and instead of making new content around obtaining it, they just slapped a price tag o nit and called it a day.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
5 missions and a ship you can't fly till you've completed 99% of the games content?

And if funds from the C-Store weer meant for new content, then why is the newest ship a C-store item and not just new content?

Becuase it polled at #1 on the most wanted ship poll and instead of making new content around obtaining it, they just slapped a price tag o nit and called it a day.
Well to be fair more like diplomatic corps, dabo, Klingon ship skins, the tier 5 refits, updated interfaces for several systems, new VA missions, Klingon star cluster missions, STF, ship interiors, new fleet actions, new Klingon PvE missions and upcoming weekly content. (probably more that im missing)

The new ship is in the game without spending C-store points, their is a in game obtainable teir 3 version of the Excelsior.

I think their should be an in game way to obtain the excelsior as well, I agree with you on that point.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
oh, Cav . . . you forgot another important option.

F2P + C-Store

If I wasn't paying a monthly fee I'd prolly be in-game flying my new T5 Excelsior instead of spending the day on the forums (not logging in today, doubt I could control myself on ZONE chat).
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
oh, Cav . . . you forgot another important option.

F2P + C-Store

If I wasn't paying a monthly fee I'd prolly be in-game flying my new T5 Excelsior instead of spending the day on the forums (not logging in today, doubt I could control myself on ZONE chat).
Ah, thats true. But I wouldn't benefit from that as I can't even afford to buy the MU's. lol.

I have no problem with the C-store, to a limited extent. I question whether ships that would fit canonically should be in the C-store. But things like the NX, the "J", and "X" I think fit for it. Just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
The prices to me seem a bit off for cosmetic things like uniforms and such...However for ships, I can easily see the 1200...maybe as they have been out for a while, they could lower the price..I hate waiting till things go on sale.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I don't have a spread sheet to prove what dollars paid for what but didn't we get new content despite what was placed in the C-store? The the vast majority of things placed in the game since launch have been free rather then C-store items, you could make the argument that the C-store at least helped pay for that content.
you can also argue my our subs paid for it because thats what they are there for.

while they have added content to the game. i remember them saying no new ships would be added to the CStore....only reskins....well the Galaxy X is not a reskin....nor is the Ex.....and in all reality all refits are not skins....the maelstrom or the imperial were reskins. They were cosmetic. The Gx and the Ex are not cosmetic but actual content.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
hey, we got kicked down to the basement . . .
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
i remember them saying no new ships would be added to the CStore....only reskins....
...come to think of it, I think I do vaguely recall that being given as an example of what the C-store wouldn't include.

Well lawls on us.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-26-2010, 06:54 PM
the Galaxy-X caused a rip in the timeline catapulting us into this alternate bizarro world.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, I won't be whining in the discussion thread about how my thread was moved :p