Lt. Commander
# 21
08-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
Dear Scoundrelus,

I am not this bad of a coward. Losing my ability to post on these forum, nay, being banned from the game (within one year I can still dispute the charge) will not stop me from telling the truth. Even if I did lose my 230$ for my lifetime subscription, at this point, my wife and I already consdier the money lost, the decision bad, and the lesson learned.

The game is getting worse, not better. The gameplay is getting more tedious and grind oriented (want to max a crit, sure, 8 hours a day for 4 months), PvP was sabotaged from the beginning, the Klingons (me) left, there are like 7 masochists left, Fed vrs fed pvp seems alive, so there ya go. The CStore, (pay to play, even if you've already payed) is getting LOTS of love and hard work, no one is buying though.

My wife and I bought two lifetime accounts in a flourish of "dumb" . Once we bought two new computer with ATI cards (STO has MAJOR ATI problems, all tiers, all cards, clueless devs blame ATI for not answering their email, (ATI is like 'Wha?') the game was not worth working with. when we play it on another box, no one else is playing , really.

It is both of our opinion that the game will continue to employ Cryptic employee's until the capitol runs out, then the servers will close with little warning.
Hardly "The Truth" but rather "Your Opinion"
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Its all about potential. The STO that we are playing now is not the same STO that we will be playing a year from now. Cryptic had only 2 years to get the game ready for live unlike other MMOs that had more time. Therefore, there are some problems with it being rushed. Klingons being the most notable example of rushing content. I believed this game had potential and was fun to play when I got my preorder lifetime subscription. Sure there are still problems with the game, but it is still fun to play. WoW was not always the successful giant that it now is and it had room to grow before being complete. The same thing with all new MMOs. They need time to grow and it is the task of new MMO players to mention to the devs what they would like to see in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-25-2010, 06:40 PM
It's very enjoyable until you hit the point where you need to find things to keep you interested in maintaining your monthly sub / fee expense . . . and the only place you can find that is on the C-Store. Quickly levelled your limited character slots to max? Buy more slots so you can extend your play time. Want new ships? C-Store. More BOFFs to man your ships? C-Store.

So, basically . . .

as a short term thing, yes it's enjoyable / worth buying

as a long term thing, that depends on your answer to the question "Am I willing to pay Cryptic additional money for the things that will keep me interested in continuing to pay them a monthly fee." It's completely assinine, but apparently it's working for them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Hmmm, lots of different ideas here, so I hope to make mine very honest. Is it worth buying? Yes..even if you play for the first 30 days and enjoy it then it was worth it. Is it worth playing day after day for a year...not yet, but it's getting better. Don't let some who see it as not up to their personal standards sway you, everyone including you, have different reasons to play.If new exciting content and new missions and new ships,etc are what motivates you, then play for a while and then wait and come back when new stuff comes out. It might not be worth paying every month, but they hold your people until you return, play when you see something you like.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
No offense intended to you Scoundrelus, but you should realize that many people will not answer your question truthfully for fear of the consequences.

I cannot explain the details of those possible consequences, as all discussion of moderator action is against the forum rules.
What? The moment they start issuing 'consequences' for people stating the truth or their opinions on the way the game is headed they are asking for trouble in a big way. tos or no tos that would fall directly under 'harassment'

Quote:
ATI
eh? i'm running STO on an ATI Radeon 9600 AGP card and I haven't had any serious issues with it so far...
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-26-2010, 03:11 PM
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD4200 Here and i've never had any problems either, perhaps were the lucky few =p

And on topic, i barely play (Because i have to use the missus laptop and she's always playing something else so i have to wait for her to sleep hehe xD) but i find it still worth my time especially considering it takes me much longer to level up than most people (I play about 30 hours a month tops) so i get a longer enjoyment period before i run out of stuff to do, but yeah i enjoy star trek, i enjoy ship combat, I really enjoy browsing the forums xD, and most of all i think for me it works out at about 50p per hour of play atm anyway so i'd consider it good value for money, sure the game has alot of things that could be improved, fixed upon or otherwise that would be nice to be added into the game but yeah my 2 cents is if your enjoying it go for it =]

Terra~
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnonSeek View Post
Until they truly bring the Klingon's up to the same level as the Federation content wise I would have to say No, in it's current state it is not worth buying especially if your looking to play as a Klingon.

Players will point out that Klingon's were suppose to be a PvP only faction, but it has gone beyond that now. Klingon's need to have the same amount of content as the Federation if they want to see their player base to grow, a lot of players are quiting in disgust because the Klingon's are not getting the content they very much need.
BINGO! I agree 100% & would like to add the complete failure of customer service on the klingon side. Can't wait to see the uproar when the new romulan faction is ignored & treated as second class as well.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-26-2010, 05:33 PM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 here as well and no Problems for me
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-27-2010, 02:54 AM
My answer is.....at $19.99 yes buy it its great......at the price I paid no way its worth the money I put into it. ( I bought multiple copies )