Lt. Commander
Ever since the resent Patch, I have had trouble with the UI where I can no longer use self-buffs without targeting myself.

And in the middle of combat, for some stupid reason my targeting keeps going to another target, even when I have all the autotargeting turned off.

So is this a new bug or is this intentional? Whatever it is, it is very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
That's all dependent on UI settings. Make sure its set to cast buffs on the targets of enemy ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-22-2010, 03:55 PM
As I said, I checked the settings and they have not been changed in months.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2010, 09:58 PM
The new patch reset some settings. Under Control make sure Assist target on attack is set to off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-23-2010, 01:52 PM
As I said, I checked and the settings were the same.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-27-2010, 05:44 AM
I've had some weird issues with the targeting UI. But only with my VA character which is really annoying. It won't display as it used to which target I'm targeting in space. So I don't know which target I should be facing in a group of enemies, I don't know their hull and shield strengths. I've checked the settings and re-checked with my other toons, all the same settings and yet...my VA toon without manually clicking on every target is in the dark until I see where my weapons are firing at.

Anyone able to help
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Picard
I've had some weird issues with the targeting UI. But only with my VA character which is really annoying. It won't display as it used to which target I'm targeting in space. So I don't know which target I should be facing in a group of enemies, I don't know their hull and shield strengths. I've checked the settings and re-checked with my other toons, all the same settings and yet...my VA toon without manually clicking on every target is in the dark until I see where my weapons are firing at.

Anyone able to help
HERE IS THE FIX!!

There was a recent addition to Ground Controls (and I assume Space?) in the last couple patches - a new radial "Select auto target on attack". You probably have this set to the 'off' position. If off, tab targeting is screwy in the way you describe, if on, it should work normally.