Lt. Commander
# 1 360 Ground Maps for PVP
08-27-2010, 08:19 AM
I think ground planet maps should be open for PVPing.

No walls, No hallways, No levels, and No force fields. Just open space planets with the local nature of the planet. Like rocks, hills, and trees on the map only.

The normal PVP ground maps are too easy to find some one and only 2 paths to attack a person.

We need a 360 open plain map where attacks can come any where and any place on the map.

That will take us back to real military tactics.
Than running into battle to the enemy's spawn point and trap them in their corner.

We should get away from closed in map and move to open area maps. Be more like Open Area FPS Military games' maps. The realism of real combat than hallway pvp fighting,
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderRasseru
I think ground planet maps should be open for PVPing.

No walls, No hallways, No levels, and No force fields. Just open space planets with the local nature of the planet. Like rocks, hills, and trees on the map only.

The normal PVP ground maps are too easy to find some one and only 2 paths to attack a person.

We need a 360 open plain map where attacks can come any where and any place on the map.

That will take us back to real military tactics.
Than running into battle to the enemy's spawn point and trap them in their corner.

We should get away from closed in map and move to open area maps. Be more like Open Area FPS Military games' maps. The realism of real combat than hallway pvp fighting,
Name me one Star Trek episode where ground combat took place in a wide open field and not a hallway/storage room/underground tunnel/bar/ship?

Also, the idea that you can get "real military tactics" out of the current ground combat system is pretty far-fetched, especially given that you can create walls wherever you darn well please with cover shields anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-27-2010, 09:22 AM
I think what he really wants is "dynamic" playing fields, with obstructions like in ST, but not always limited to 2 choke points in a ship.

He wants open ground PvP with woods, rocks, mountains, buildings, lakes, similar to Otha.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Name me one Star Trek episode where ground combat took place in a wide open field and not a hallway/storage room/underground tunnel/bar/ship?

Also, the idea that you can get "real military tactics" out of the current ground combat system is pretty far-fetched, especially given that you can create walls wherever you darn well please with cover shields anyway.

DS9: Episode 5x02 - "The Ship"

DS9: Episode 5x04 - "Nor the Battle to the Strong"
DS9: Episode 6x02 - "Rocks and Shoals"

Those when they are fighting on a planet and they battle.