Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Just because it is a combat ship doesn't need to main it carries (dual) cannons. Cannons are best suited for maneuverable ships. A large battleship isn't necessarily maneuverable, on the contrary.

I really think all to make the Sovereign into a real "Battleship" would be switching the Lt. Tactical and the Lt. Commander Engineering. (Same for the Klingon Battlecruiser, btw.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-25-2010, 08:17 AM
I'll take two plz.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Just because it is a combat ship doesn't need to main it carries (dual) cannons. Cannons are best suited for maneuverable ships. A large battleship isn't necessarily maneuverable, on the contrary.

I really think all to make the Sovereign into a real "Battleship" would be switching the Lt. Tactical and the Lt. Commander Engineering. (Same for the Klingon Battlecruiser, btw.)
I agree with the above, but why not let the ship user decide for themselves? The Galaxy-X and all Klingon ships allows for cannons, and most of us know how that turned out.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I just read the stats on the new Excelsior in the Dev Tracker section: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...89#post2980089

... and it looks like it's coming with a Lt.Cmdr Tactical station along with an Engineering Commander station. Based on the latter, it looks like Cryptic agrees with me about splitting the Lt.Cmdr and Commander stations as this thread originally proposed.

In all honesty, it looks like the new Excelsior will be the closest thing to the a Battleship class, and it's coming tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-28-2010, 08:29 PM
At this point in time I personally think Cryptic is saving actual Battleships for the Tier 6 cruiser category. I'm always in favor of more ship variety though, perhaps calling your variant an Battle Cruiser might be more appropriate?