Lt. Commander
# 21
08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I guess the problem was I accidentally posted duplicate threads by mistake, The bridge view and functionality is important to the "Trek" feel even if it is optional. STOKED confirmed that Sector Space revamp was the Super Secret Project along with a BETA of UCG. I had heard of the BETA, but the sector space/ exploration overhaul I did not hear until the last episode of STOKED.
Interesting. I'd heard that sector space revamp was going to take them much longer. And that UGC was the big season 3 thing.

Thanks for sharing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Interesting. I'd heard that sector space revamp was going to take them much longer. And that UGC was the big season 3 thing.

Thanks for sharing.
Well they are not adding any major content update, just bug fixing and the "Secret Project". The only content is the weekly episodes, I think Cryptic should institute a QUALITY CONTROL TEAM, and we could have our cake and episonic content too. I just think if you are going to do nothing else but bugs and revamp, It would be a missed opportunity to not work on bridge functionality and travel in sector space. Lets see communications on our view screen and use panels to set course and have computer access, tactical, engineering,transporter room, bridge boarding parties, see stars on whizzing by on our view screens. It should be a perspective of choice on the view. We did not sign up for a one dimensional flight simulator.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
I am completely sure bridge navigation will not be part of Season 3, or any other season in the foreseeable future.

I recall Cryptic saying that the do not want this game to be a simulator, and the way their game is set up, Ship does not interact with ground. While I am sure they can do it, I am also sure its not worth the effort, when there is so much more they can fix that will be a better fit, and more worth the money and time.
I'll take that bet. Say 1,000 gold-pressed latinum?

I would be ecstatic if we were able to travel (and eventually fight) from the bridge. Whether or not they want a simulator or not doesn't preclude traveling from the bridge... you can have both fun gameplay and travel from your bridge. In other words, travel from your bridge while in sector space doesn't automatically mean "simulator".

As to what Cryptic's said in the past is just that... something they said in the past. They also said that there would be no interiors, that the Klingon faction would not have story missions, and that sector space represented a view from Stellar Cartography and wouldn't change... Yet all of those things have changed, because we asked for them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
I'll take that bet. Say 1,000 gold-pressed latinum?

I would be ecstatic if we were able to travel (and eventually fight) from the bridge. Whether or not they want a simulator or not doesn't preclude traveling from the bridge... you can have both fun gameplay and travel from your bridge. In other words, travel from your bridge while in sector space doesn't automatically mean "simulator".

As to what Cryptic's said in the past is just that... something they said in the past. They also said that there would be no interiors, that the Klingon faction would not have story missions, and that sector space represented a view from Stellar Cartography and wouldn't change... Yet all of those things have changed, because we asked for them.
QFT..................
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
well im sorry but i feel there are better things that the time & money that something like what the OP is asking for could be spent on.
For one fixing the bloody bugs the game has had from the beta.
& giving people something to play for (war) which was used to advertise the game.
& sorry but as it stands just now the pvp side of this game sucks & that is what is needing love .
not the eye candy of being able to say ooh im capt of this ship i want to sit on my bridge while going from point a to point b.

was this game not advertised as an MMO ? or was it advertised as an RPG ? because if it was advertised as an RPG i must have missed that.

P.s im sorry if my post sounds harsh but im just getting sick & tired of the fed only players that come on here demanding with there i want posts.
I play both sides (i prefer my kling side) klingons have been stuffed from the start & looks like thats going to continue .

I have 3 kling toons & not been able to complete a set of pvp dailys on any of them for 4 days now
Just for the record... this game is an MMORPG or did you miss that when you decided to buy the game? Most MMOs are RPGs by design. Really, any game where you create a "character" and then play that character as he/she travels through a made up reality is a RPG. You are "Playing your character's role" in that reality, hence the meaning of Role-Playing Game.

That being said... I also believe that travel via bridge is unrealistic at this time. The game isn't designed for it, and even if they did implement it currently all you would end up with is you would get on your bridge, set a destination, twiddle your thumb for as long as you like, then leave the bridge and *poof* you're at your destination. At least with the instance/sector space being the way it currently is. "Flying" by bridge in the current design of the game would be mainly a RP thing, or used as a "quick-travel" method.

The other possibility, as described earlier, is that the "captain" of the ship be flying around in sector space while the invited passengers walks around his ship. Though this idea would be possible within the current design of the game, it's not really the "flying by the bridge" that many people are asking for.

Personally, I have fun with the game the way it is. There are some things that I think need to be tweaked, like Sector Space and Ground Combat, both of which are being overhauled in coming months. As I've said before, give Cryptic time. An MMORPG is never really a finished product, but the changes do take time to bring about. Give them that time, and see where this game goes in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
can't you just have a giant zoom button? so when you zoom from outside sector space it goes inside your ship and sees you on the bridge... you could be just in your chair so you don't move around or something?

I mean have the bridge part of the model of your ship just be inside? if that makes sense?
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM
id love a revamped sector space which will be coming and i could care less whether i have a functional bridge i dont want a simulator but this is only my opinion. i respect the ones who want it. but im all for fixing bugs and more content, open pvp, fluff can be added when our current game is functioning correctly

and i see sititng on my bridge flirting with BO'S watching stars go by in the viewscreen as fluff , especially when traveling in game doesnt take very long
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmm... Maybe a new SB1 is in the cards....
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
im sorry i dont want another bridge commander game , just like im guessing you wouldnt like another Star trek armada game (my fav game)
So i hope & pray the super secret project is to give us WAR .. oh & while there at it un`nerf the klings please
If you're going to nerf the Klingons the least you could do is give them a real PvE campaign/Story arc. :p