Lt. Commander
I have a few ideas I figured I'd toss out, and let the community look at as well. Perhaps you have an idea you can add, and we can together come up with something really cool to make our game better.

1) I'd like to see greater control of my character display in the load in screen.
A) Sortable: Right now my characters are organized with most recent login to oldest login. It would be nice if I could arrange them myself, sort by Klingon, Federation, or other faction. Sort by Level. Sort by Class, or even combine it. I don't think it would be too hard to do, and it would be really cool.
B) Transporter Pad Display: Another display I was thinking would be nice, is to have characters all standing on the transporter pad, so you can see the whole group. Or perhaps they could be in a group class photograph on Sol Station or San Francisco. If you have more characters, you could click an arrow to the next page, where you have individually laid them out on the transporter tiles.

Either idea of sortability would be nice, and would make it a lot easier for me to pick the character I want to play at a given moment.

2) Fleet Names: I know a lot of people started doing this in space combat and its rather neat. Some of my fleet are entering <SFX> after their ship name, and I know the Razor fleet uses <RZR> tags after their ship names. Its a good idea, but I'd much rather if you could see people's fleet names as you come in contact with them. I think it would add to the sense of community in the game as well. Right now to gather this info you have to profile people, which I love to do, but all to often it glitches on me.

3) I know I've mentioned it before, but the splash screens could use a change. Right now in gather data missions, you get to the fifth data sample, and its impossible to do the data minigame because the splash screen loads behind it, and somehow messes it up. I find it frustrating, even if it is only the loss of one sample. Another example where the splash screens can annoy is while you're being fired upon in combat. It would be nice if we could set these items to fade out if another interaction (Combat, Data, etc, is interrupting the activity). In the end its simply logical. If a captain is being fired upon, and directing fire on that undine cruiser, I dont' think he needs his science officer to report that undine are attacking, in text, blocking the screen.

Anyway, hope you like the ideas guys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-30-2010, 02:17 AM
1A: a point in many mmos few ever bother
1B: would be nice, not required for my taste

2: Yes please I would love to see this added surely because looking some ones info can take a while or freeze the game.

3: I hate those fricking splash screens so I would love to see this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Well, my points in item one were really alternate ideas to solve an issue I have, and I know others have. I'd like to be able to find my characters a little more easily, and there's a few ways to go about it. I like the appearance of the screen itself, I'd just like to offer some ideas toward its functionality.