Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 131
08-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
Here's what I think the Rewards should be:

Episode 1 Reward: Cryo Grenades (Already in)
Episode 2 Reward: CRM-200 (Rare/Very Rare quality Ground Assault Weapon. Damage increases based on rank/grade*)
Episode 3 Reward: Neural Truncheon (Rare/Very Rare quality Melee Weapon. Damage increases based on rank/grade*)

Completion Reward: Deferi Bridge Officer (Rare quality BO, with choice of gender and specialization)

Breen Defeat Accolade Combined Reward (Defeat both 200 Breen ships and 1000 Breen ground enemies): Ship Trophy + Customizable Breen Refrigeration Suit, wearable as Off Duty uniform. Helmet becomes available as a separate "head type" that can be used with all Uniform types (available to character only).

* - Functions simillar to the blue phasers that come with the TOS Constitution preorder ship. Total damage increases every five grades.

Example: A CRM-200 earned at Lt. Commander 2 will do Mk III-grade damage until the character reaches grade five, where the damage increases to match Mk IV-grade damage. When the character reaches grade ten, the weapon will deal Mk V-grade damage, and continue to do so until Commander 5 and so on.
I agree with ALL of this. Also, I request cryogrenades as the reward for the Defari daily quest too!
Lt. Commander
# 132
08-30-2010, 04:47 AM
sorry if its been mentioned but anyone seen the variants on the aid the defari

In starbase 3, there are two missions. one is to defend the outpost, and another is to search for some missing ships.

and there is the side mission involving the satellites.

but in the other two, patrol (destroy 5 breen) and the asteroid belt, which is the trap with the minefield that appears. i have not see any side missions, or the mission change type yet on those two.

Any on else seen any variants or found any secret side missions?

Dstahl hinted that they all have the chance to change and all have side missions but that may have just been me miss-interoperating his words, and may have just been talking about outpost 3.

If there are not, they could add a couple of ground missions on the different bases, to break up the space combat.
Lt. Commander
# 133
08-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Same here, only found the side mission on the Outpost mission.

Maybe today we will have another side mission?
Lt. Commander
# 134
08-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
Same here, only found the side mission on the Outpost mission.

Maybe today we will have another side mission?
just found another mission type in the asteroid belt, and that also give a side mission at the end
Lt. Commander
# 135 Great Job, Keep it Coming
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
I found the Breen to be harder than average mobs, but I liked that, it gave it an edgy separation from standard episodes. I think if these stay on this same level of quality, they will probably be the best recent addition to the game. It's only getting better, and for that, I commend you guys. I love it, keep it up.
Lt. Commander
# 136 Proactive idea
08-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
Here's what I think the Rewards should be:

Episode 1 Reward: Cryo Grenades (Already in)
Episode 2 Reward: CRM-200 (Rare/Very Rare quality Ground Assault Weapon. Damage increases based on rank/grade*)
Episode 3 Reward: Neural Truncheon (Rare/Very Rare quality Melee Weapon. Damage increases based on rank/grade*)

Completion Reward: Deferi Bridge Officer (Rare quality BO, with choice of gender and specialization)

Breen Defeat Accolade Combined Reward (Defeat both 200 Breen ships and 1000 Breen ground enemies): Ship Trophy + Customizable Breen Refrigeration Suit, wearable as Off Duty uniform. Helmet becomes available as a separate "head type" that can be used with all Uniform types (available to character only).

* - Functions simillar to the blue phasers that come with the TOS Constitution preorder ship. Total damage increases every five grades. This allows a captain who earns these weapons at a lower rank to keep using them throughout their career if they so choose without them degrading in performance.

Example: A CRM-200 earned at Lt. Commander 2 will do Mk III-grade damage until the character reaches grade five, where the damage increases to match Mk IV-grade damage. When the character reaches grade ten, the weapon will deal Mk V-grade damage, and continue to do so until Commander 5 and so on.

you know, that isnt a bad idea, excellant suggestion
Lt. Commander
# 137
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeternali View Post
Cons
  • Chain Roots - During the ambush and clearing of the city I was held/rooted more times that I care to count. 50% or more of the time I was an observer and not a participant. I prevailed but that is not the point. Chain roots are not fun.
Just avoid the white mist that you see and avoid their grenades and you won't become rooted at all.
Lt. Commander
# 138
08-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Crap, just when I was taking the time to play LOTRO before it goes Free to Play, you dangle special limited reward in my face. Now I need to come back to this game and complete it with all my alts. Darn it Cryptic! :p
Lt. Commander
# 139 New Ships
08-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Read the Engineering Report and am STOKED about ships from other factions, they're looking great. Are you going to work the new ships into the storyline (Finish a Mission for that Faction they give you a ship) because I would hate to see another "Galaxy X" Style of introducing new ships......and I am also assuming that new interiors come wi the ships.......Can't wait!
Lt. Commander
# 140
08-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Adama
The cryo stuff isnīt really powerful at all ... cryo granades can easy be avoided by jumping to the side
And ground specced a group of breen falls in 10 sec (normal mode)

The regular reward would be fine but i donīt think that ever a breen would join the federation...
I more think of a special reward due to the ancient starmap, maybe discovering some new tech we could implement in our ship. What about an epic efficient impulsdrive (combat,hyper, normal) mark XII ?
Obviously my own experience and that of my friends is contrary to yours. Also, I was not speaking just about the cryo grenades but also the boss at the end with the Cryo cannon.