Lt. Commander
Hi guys.

I tried to play some STO today, but after signing-in and downloading the patch, I was unable to connect to my characters screen. Instead, the log-in screen re-appeared with the message (in red) above it: 'Account server connection could not be started'. (The server was up).

I am a lifetime member from when the game was released, and I have never experienced this problem previously. However, I did login, patch, and play the game last week using a friends computer which I have never done before, could this have caused the problem?

I tried to create a ticket for it, signed-in on support page, clicked on 'create new ticket', then clicked on 'tech issues', and then on 'connection issues' but It dosen't seem to go any further than that ! When I then check for open tickets, it says none have been registered.

Any suggestions as to how I should proceed would be most welcome.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
You are experiencing the same thing I am. Also a lifer and my only difference is I moved to a college dorm. Though the firewall is open. I think it is a bug and they don't know how to fix it so what else is new?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-30-2010, 07:11 PM
I had it once last week. Also a lifer, but no change in internet status or computer. I have been getting kicked off three or four times a session for the last few weeks though.

But what you described was only the once. I sat it out for quite a while, and then just when I was about to reboot (since there's no other way to escape the login process) it went ahead and worked. I never filed a bug report because i did get in.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-12-2013, 01:40 AM
not a lifer but I play from public wifi hot spots. for me I normally manage to play about an hr and my connection drops and I wont be able to get back in with that same message