Lt. Commander
# 11
09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Looking at the trends the next sale would either be towards the end of November or during X-Mas.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Sales are evil:
09-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Especially when they arent announced in the game browser a day or so before the sale.... Bought a Borg BO and the Galaxy X yesterday only to find out i wasted like 400 cryptic points when i found out there was a sale. T.T
Lt. Commander
# 13 It's called impulse control
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
Especially when they arent announced in the game browser a day or so before the sale.... Bought a Borg BO and the Galaxy X yesterday only to find out i wasted like 400 cryptic points when i found out there was a sale. T.T
You had to have known this was coming, they have a sale every holiday. People have been discussing it in-world and on forums.
Lt. Commander
# 14 You Win The Thread
09-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwibbs View Post
I paid $10 for the TOS Connie and now a week later it's only $8. cryptic are evil, i quit etc etc. Well, I don't really quit, but it does suck that the sale was unannounced and if I had waited less then a week I could have gotten it for $2 less. But then again, it's only $2.
A voice of reason on the STO forums? Is this someone with common sense and a sense of perspective?

This post was so refreshing I had to comment.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
You had to have known this was coming, they have a sale every holiday. People have been discussing it in-world and on forums.
Not in Canada, it's next week for us. I don't often check the forums so I didn't know and bought some stuff

How could I have known? Check the US holidays each time before I buy on the C-store?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
I spent most the last couple weeks moving... just got back in game a couple days ago, havent really been on the forums till today and i never once saw a mention in game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
They have a sale every holiday its been that way since the store opened.
I am sorry but people will complain just to hear themselves talk. So if they have had a sale on all the other holidays wouldn't you kinda assume that maby they would have one for this one mmmm. we have brains people use em.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMatter View Post

How could I have known? Check the US holidays each time before I buy on the C-store?
Yes. If you see it as purchase large enough that 20 % is something to wait for, you shoulld. For "more important" buys - say, a new computer - I tend to inform myself before I do it, too.
Many people also inform themselves on special sales and limited discounts before they buy, say, food or drink.

Cryptic isn't exactly doing its name justice the way they do their sales. American holidays are easily researched online.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
They have a sale every holiday its been that way since the store opened.
I am sorry but people will complain just to hear themselves talk. So if they have had a sale on all the other holidays wouldn't you kinda assume that maby they would have one for this one mmmm. we have brains people use em.
if people happen to remember when some holidays are. i never remember labor day.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time I went into a store to buy something, and they told me "That will be 20% off in a week, so you might want to wait."

Still trying...

Closed Thread