Lt. Commander
# 41
08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
Well it sounds like someone else needs to shut their food hole. Read the OP I used the word "May" learn to read my friend. You say I should leave and "good riddance." I say anyone who Say's "good riddance." To someone who loves Star Trek and is just trying to look out for his fellow fan and the game in general

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Ah but what if the person saying "good riddance" is also someone who loves Star Trek and is just trying to protect his fellow fan and the game in general from whiny muppets who spit their dummies out of their pram because they cant have the new toy on the market for free!

You are getting what you pay your monthly sub for, if you want more then you should expect to pay for more, no ones game will suffer by not having the Excelsior, and no one will be given an advantage by buying it. Its purely optional. So I work hard for that crappy wage that i get at the end of the month, what little extra i have left after rent and bills i use to treat myself, and i decided to treat myself to the Excelsior, but you want it given to you for free!! Why? What makes you so special?

Actually you have made my mind up for me, thank you, im gonna call my lovely new shiny Excelsior the "USS Pariahterra" Thanks, oh and just because the last line in your rant had me laughing so hard let me say that anyone expecting to get something extra for free is an idiot and should go "strait" to the devil.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
Ah but what if the person saying "good riddance" is also someone who loves Star Trek and is just trying to protect his fellow fan and the game in general from whiny muppets who spit their dummies out of their pram because they cant have the new toy on the market for free!

You are getting what you pay your monthly sub for, if you want more then you should expect to pay for more, no ones game will suffer by not having the Excelsior, and no one will be given an advantage by buying it. Its purely optional. So I work hard for that crappy wage that i get at the end of the month, what little extra i have left after rent and bills i use to treat myself, and i decided to treat myself to the Excelsior, but you want it given to you for free!! Why? What makes you so special?

Actually you have made my mind up for me, thank you, im gonna call my lovely new shiny Excelsior the "USS Pariahterra" Thanks, oh and just because the last line in your rant had me laughing so hard let me say that anyone expecting to get something extra for free is an idiot and should go "strait" to the devil.
Don't you dare name your ship the Pariahterra. My L/C is the Pariahterra. On a different note, I feel like the biggest piece of waste today. I broke down and bought the Excelsior. Call me a hypocrite call me weak, I just had to have it.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
When Cryptic was selling lifetime subs to the game, they were promising that no items that affected gameplay would be put in the C-store.

That the Excelsior affects gameplay is patently obvious and the powers that are going to be sold on the Nebula will handily cross the line into balance-breaking.

Not even a year in and the promise is broken. If they hadn't made those promises, I wouldn't have invested... that's the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-01-2010, 07:55 PM
This whole C-Store business is a good example of the Overton Window.

If Blizzard had made pieces of endgame gear available exclusively as microtransactions (on top of a monthly fee) way back in 2004, MMOs would have died out.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
Don't you dare name your ship the Pariahterra. My L/C is the Pariahterra. On a different note, I feel like the biggest piece of waste today. I broke down and bought the Excelsior. Call me a hypocrite call me weak, I just had to have it.
hahahahaha

That has got to be the funniest (but true) statement I've heard in a long time.

+1 to this guy.

His proverbial straw has now turned into a proverbial $$$$ ATM machine. This is the best post beats the forums lol
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
When Cryptic was selling lifetime subs to the game, they were promising that no items that affected gameplay would be put in the C-store.

That the Excelsior affects gameplay is patently obvious and the powers that are going to be sold on the Nebula will handily cross the line into balance-breaking.

Not even a year in and the promise is broken. If they hadn't made those promises, I wouldn't have invested... that's the problem.
QFT: Squid, is right. Shame, shame, shame on Cryptic. If you can't trust Cryptic with the little things how can you trust them with the big things?
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I gotta be honest, read some of my posts and you will see I am so far from a fanboi.... Yet in this specific case... What Cryptic did was TOTALLY acceptable.

Here is the thought. You got a brand new ship ingame, be it tier 3, you still got it. Did the Feds need more, no. But they gave you it, and for a little more, they even sold a tier 5 so you could skin up at the higher levels and enjoy. All in all, they gave you something for nothing. And the tweaked one, which is nice, I own it and fly it for fun because I like the look, had some other benefits.

Honestly, they could have just given you the tier 3 Excelsior and remodeled the whole thing to be the Powerpointsior (bad pun I know) and made it a different look and made it tier 5. But they DID listen to the requests of the forums and made the one that cost money the refit.

Simply, they did alright in this situation. (withholding all the Klingon drama it's causing, I admit they did listen to the Fed base pretty clearly on this).

So, you pay for the unique one for endgame, or you go make another character and get it for Tier 3, or even take the tier 3 and use it at endgame. It's all up to you, aside from the Lt. Commander tactical officer with a better turning rate, this thing isn't game changing. It still blows up just fine in PvP.... and with a difficulty slider, does it really matter how it handles in PvE?
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-02-2010, 12:31 AM
One of these days people might actually learn not to respond to threads like this.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Irrelevant. The tier 5 version has stats that are not available in the game otherwise. That is a gameplay-affecting feature avaialble only in the C-store, and that is breaking a promise made when they were selling lifetime subs.
Just FYI. This is already true with the new C-Store races. I guess ground traits are irrelevant in this game, unlike Lt.Cmdr slots, so people only notice now.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
if you read the wording they never actually said it would be only cosmetic. they used some very careful wording like 'almost' and 'virtually'
And this, too. Exchanging Lt. and Lt.Cmdr Slots on a ship is almost and virtually no game change.