Lt. Commander
# 11
08-12-2010, 04:51 AM
There are also some cross-over things between the factions that could work well in KDF.

Mirror Universe female boots, for example, work very well for Orions as demonstrated by the character customisation vender on Ganalda - preferrably made available to all KDF females.

Likewise, the mirror universe boots for males and the 3/4 length matching pants would also suit male Orions - as above, preferrably also given to all KDF males and even KDF females.

These things are not intrinsickly Starfleet and would require little to no modification to work for KDF as well.

Since it takes little effort for the devs to copy clothing over between factions, I really don't understand why very generic things like the above aren't already available to both sides. Sure, give feds unique off-duty and uniform clothing, and sure hopefuly give the same to KDF, but generic stuff like knee high/thigh high boots and 3/4 lenth pants should have been available to both sides from day 1.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
There are also some cross-over things between the factions that could work well in KDF.

Mirror Universe female boots, for example, work very well for Orions as demonstrated by the character customisation vender on Ganalda - preferrably made available to all KDF females.

Likewise, the mirror universe boots for males and the 3/4 length matching pants would also suit male Orions - as above, preferrably also given to all KDF males and even KDF females.

These things are not intrinsickly Starfleet and would require little to no modification to work for KDF as well.

Since it takes little effort for the devs to copy clothing over between factions, I really don't understand why very generic things like the above aren't already available to both sides. Sure, give feds unique off-duty and uniform clothing, and sure hopefuly give the same to KDF, but generic stuff like knee high/thigh high boots and 3/4 lenth pants should have been available to both sides from day 1.
You have a point those boots and pants would go well on KDF characters.

And moving some things over between factions would make a quick & easy way to quickly and easily expand the options for klingon characters.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-15-2010, 08:59 AM
I think the klingon faction should have fantasy style armor given that starfleet has sci-fi style.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-20-2010, 09:51 AM
You know, I really don't think the Klingons are asking for much, clothing-wise. We're not requesting to have access to everything that the Federation faction has; just a few extra options to at least make our Klingon characters look the way they do on the TV series and in the movies.

In my opinion, all we really need to address this is:

- Fingerless gloves with spikes (you know, like the ones that nearly every on-screen Klingon has worn since the Motion Picture).
- Improved shoulder pads for all KDF.
- A long coat option.
- A few more (3-5) non-dread hairstyles (for Klingons and Nausicaans).
- A few more costume color options (i.e. green).
- Some more bling options...things like holsters, medals, knives, and so on (just having the option to add a single D'k Tahg or disruptor holster to your costume would be amazing).
- Gorn tunics.

Having these would go a long way towards making our KDF members feel more complete...more canon. In my opinion, we should definitely have these options included before something completely inane, like Risa swimwear or any more Fed off-duty/formal uniforms, are added to the game.

Everything else requested previously in this thread would be nice to have at some point, but I feel the options listed above should be top priority and I request they be added as soon as possible.

Not asking for the moon here...just a little consideration.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2010, 08:03 PM
So, Devs, any chance we might see some new costume options soon? Especially in regards to canon costume options?