Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
Just avoid the white mist that you see and avoid their grenades and you won't become rooted at all.
Cryo cannon from the boss. Once you are hit you cannot get out. Still an issue that is out of balance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
08-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeternali View Post
Cryo cannon from the boss. Once you are hit you cannot get out. Still an issue that is out of balance.
So far I have played this mission (on normal) with my following characters:
  • LA2 Fed TAC
  • MG1 IKF TAC
  • LTC3 Fed ENG

With both TAC's it was pretty easy using the Close Combat Specialist Kit; using Motion Accelerator to get out off the frozen parts, when they managed to freeze me.
The hardest it was with the low level ENG (as I just lack all the added "features" of a higher level toon). However, he also survived without problems; using just small hypos; his team mostly is using stun weapons, so that might have helped, also.

Still have to do it with my main, the VA1 vulcan SCI Fed; but she has seen so many STF's that I don't think the Breen will give her unbearable headache...


EDIT: Also found the Ore shipment mission
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
08-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
...EDIT: Also found the Ore shipment mission
I just found that last night. I think maybe I did something wrong. I left the Belt and headed to the Outpost, when I got there the Store Lady had an option to continue that misison and said "Are you Ready to Deliver the Ore?" but the only option was a Back button.

I'm wondering if I was supposed to pick-up something in the Belt to take after talking to the Mining Admin, so I went back to the Belt, but could not re-enter the system. I'm hoping when my Daily ticks over again I'll be able to get in there and find whatever it is I need.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
09-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I just found that last night. I think maybe I did something wrong. I left the Belt and headed to the Outpost, when I got there the Store Lady had an option to continue that misison and said "Are you Ready to Deliver the Ore?" but the only option was a Back button.

I'm wondering if I was supposed to pick-up something in the Belt to take after talking to the Mining Admin, so I went back to the Belt, but could not re-enter the system. I'm hoping when my Daily ticks over again I'll be able to get in there and find whatever it is I need.
Yeah I had that, too.

[SPOILER]When I played on another character I found out that the one with mission failure didn't pick up the Ore. You need to go over the asteroid with working machines on it to pick it up from there.[/SPOILER]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
09-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
Here's what I think the Rewards should be:

Episode 1 Reward: Cryo Grenades (Already in)
Episode 2 Reward: CRM-200 (Rare/Very Rare quality Ground Assault Weapon. Damage increases based on rank/grade*)
Episode 3 Reward: Neural Truncheon (Rare/Very Rare quality Melee Weapon. Damage increases based on rank/grade*)

Completion Reward: Deferi Bridge Officer (Rare quality BO, with choice of gender and specialization)

Breen Defeat Accolade Combined Reward (Defeat both 200 Breen ships and 1000 Breen ground enemies): Ship Trophy + Customizable Breen Refrigeration Suit, wearable as Off Duty uniform. Helmet becomes available as a separate "head type" that can be used with all Uniform types (available to character only).

* - Functions simillar to the blue phasers that come with the TOS Constitution preorder ship. Total damage increases every five grades. This allows a captain who earns these weapons at a lower rank to keep using them throughout their career if they so choose without them degrading in performance.

Example: A CRM-200 earned at Lt. Commander 2 will do Mk III-grade damage until the character reaches grade five, where the damage increases to match Mk IV-grade damage. When the character reaches grade ten, the weapon will deal Mk V-grade damage, and continue to do so until Commander 5 and so on.
YES, this would be perfect! I hope the Devs read it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
Yeah I had that, too.

[SPOILER]When I played on another character I found out that the one with mission failure didn't pick up the Ore. You need to go over the asteroid with working machines on it to pick it up from there.[/SPOILER]
Also, it seems that Kelvani Belt shouldn't be the last part of the daily mission. When you complete the whole Aid the Deferi 3/3, the Belt closes until timer resets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
Yeah I had that, too.

[SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]
You mean in the K Belt or Outpost 3 System? I thought of that and went over to the the one in the O3... Nothing seemed to trigger for me to pick-up... I flew all around it... Nada. And on my next go into the K-Belt the next day there was nothing I could activate there (though the initial mission had changed). I got frustrated and dropped the Ore one.

How exactly did you get it to work, please?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
09-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
Just avoid the white mist that you see and avoid their grenades and you won't become rooted at all.
Cryo cannon from the boss. Once you are hit you cannot get out. Still an issue that is out of balance.

I guess I was right since the devs are fixing it. See the Release Notes.

Also, I would like to thanks the devs for another example of fixing problems that we users raise.

Players can now team up for star cluster missions again!

Cryonic Grenades
  • Will now grant immunity to the Cold Hold/Stun for 1minute. (No more chain holds from these grenades)
  • Removed the Stat bonus to Grenades that the Cryonic Grenades were granting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
09-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
You mean in the K Belt or Outpost 3 System? I thought of that and went over to the the one in the O3... Nothing seemed to trigger for me to pick-up... I flew all around it... Nada. And on my next go into the K-Belt the next day there was nothing I could activate there (though the initial mission had changed). I got frustrated and dropped the Ore one.

How exactly did you get it to work, please?
It should be started in Kelvani Belt after finishing the first part, however it didn't activate for me when I was going there the last time (with my 4th character), so it might be it is not always available. Not sure I can explain it much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeternali View Post
Cryo cannon from the boss. Once you are hit you cannot get out. Still an issue that is out of balance.
Agree it is not easy, however, the last group didn't manage to kill any of my team on all of my four characters (playing on normal).

Also, I was first telling my team to target the boss (since my team at least has one stun gun) the boss didn't manage to make a few good shots at us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
09-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
You mean in the K Belt or Outpost 3 System? I thought of that and went over to the the one in the O3... Nothing seemed to trigger for me to pick-up... I flew all around it... Nada. And on my next go into the K-Belt the next day there was nothing I could activate there (though the initial mission had changed). I got frustrated and dropped the Ore one.

How exactly did you get it to work, please?
first off you need to go to k belt, one of the two missions will let you pick up the ore. defeat all the enemies and they will say talk to the administrator. then fly down to the bottom asteroid near the main base and there will be an option to pick up the ore and place it in your inventory (like loot) then leave the k belt

fly down to outpost 3 and enter the normal zone (if you enter a combat version as part of the daily you will probably need to complete that mission before passing on the ore)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 PM.