Lt. Commander
# 21
09-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviegle View Post
I haven't spent a dime on the C-store, and won't.

These guys have clipped me for enough already with the purchase price at full jolt and the monthly fee.
ditto......
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
Been there done that - many times. I'm always amazed developers dont inform the community a few days in advance of a sale that is coming. To me it is a good promotion channel.
Know about it for well over a week.

But thats because COs devs are better at communication. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykee
Don't know if they are a part of C-store discussions. The marketing for the C-store is probably handled by a different department.
Given Cryptic is a small company and people would tend to where a couple hats I would be hard pressed to think that way. Nonetheless the community manager should be in on the communication loop for stuff like this.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Except if you bought it 2 days before, or 8 days before (a day outside whichever policy)... There is always a cut off. I can't bring in my 3 year old TV receipt because now the TV is substantially cheaper.

My policy is that so long as the item is not limited, you will never be disappointed that you waited.
What? Every store I know of the time frame is 30 days.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
Out of curiosity, how many others out there have done what i've done: Well, since i had no idea there was going to be a sale starting today, yesterday i bought the Galaxy X Ship and Borg BO through the C-store, then i find out that they have a sale and i could have saved hundreds of Cryptic points.... anyone else ever do something like that, buy expensive stuff only to find out that it went on sale the next day?
This sort of thing happens in real life all the time. And unless one is a cheapskate jerkoff, they just roll with it...
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchaser
What? Every store I know of the time frame is 30 days.
The time frame is irrelevant. There will always be (time frame)+1 day, no matter what the policy is. It stinks when it happens, but that's how all businesses are.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
But with REAL stores, you can take the item or the receipt back the next day and tell them it just went on sale and they refund the difference.
This is done as a courtesy at best.

None of the stores I worked at would take merchandise that is on sale now and refund you the difference you pay. I currently work at a store where the return policy is a "30 day satisfaction guaranteed" one. So if there was a refunded difference, it would be because the associate realizes that you can merely return the product and then re-buy it.

And that even depends. Good luck trying to return half a roll of duct tape, or half a gallon of bleach.

So no, it's not that simple.

Sales are sales, and they happen when they happen. Tough shi- er.... cookies if you missed it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviegle View Post
I haven't spent a dime on the C-store, and won't.

These guys have clipped me for enough already with the purchase price at full jolt and the monthly fee.
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
This is exciting news. I personally feel that my time/money invested with my subscription dollars, used to earn in game currency should be just as valuable as the money spent in one shot in C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

Another alternative to consider is granting C-Store credits based on veteran rewards granted. (100, 200, 300 day rewards)... Alternative to that, discounts based on veteran rewards attained. The more you play, the less you pay.