Lt. Commander
# 31
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
But with REAL stores, you can take the item or the receipt back the next day and tell them it just went on sale and they refund the difference.
That strongly depends on where you are in the world.

Here a Sale is a Sale... Though luck if you bought somthing an hour ago, and they changed the prices just a minute ago, you bought it when you bought it, to the price that was announced that the time.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
I actually thought the way that the Excelsior was released was a good idea.

I liked the fact that if you wanted to play the model ingame, you didn't have to pay the C-Store premium to get it. The only issue with that is that the RA version needs to have a way to acquire ingame, through emblems or EC or just some form of ingame currency.

Can we expect you to make a T3/T4 model of the Nebula for its up comming release?

Perhaps using the orignal nebula secondary hull and/or the oval mission pod?

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nebula_class (shots all over this page)

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/nebula1.htm (specifically here look at the phoenix model)
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
That strongly depends on where you are in the world.
It depends on where in the world, it also depends on the store. Some have a no returns policy period (in the US as well).
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
One idea, might be to include the USS Phoenix-style Nebula Class (sensor variant), as a reward for reaching max level in the Diplomatic Corps.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

I like cake.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:

me likes
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
My idea would be for you to pick up the 'base' ship in game (the only sticking point on this would be the TOS Connie but maybe there is a way to get it in game outside the scope of this thought exercise) While holding onto the ship until you reach endgame(or purchasing it back at that point) and with the combination of 'refit' materials you can pick up throughout the game (maybe this would be a good point to add a functionality for a spacedock location?) OR else there can be en entire 'research' mission string you can do in order to get what you need in order to take a base model ship and upgrade it to the c-store equivalent.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:

Have you considered offering a more equitable purchasing option for C-Store ships . . . say half price for unlocking on just one character?
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Agreed. Making the T3 Excelsior available in game *is not* the same as making the T5 available. You could have at least made the Transwarp locations the same.

This is not only a half-step it's a total miss-step on your commitment to 1) Sell only cosmetic items and 2) The ability to earn *all* C-Store items via game play.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:

Very, very good to hear! Excellent, thank you very much for this. Please let us know once more news becomes available about this. I think this is an excellent thing.